Saturday, February 22, 2014

SOS Wash Day - 10 weeks post {Keyda}


Hola Chicas!

I had a good yet tragic wash day haha. I loved my process while incorporating some new products into the mix, however I was not a huge fan of my outcome. It was a roller set gone WRONG!


[1] Detangled with my fingers (since I had a braid out) then my magic comb.

[2] Pre-poo with a new essential oil mix on my scalp! I am very pleased to share that I purchased ARGAN OIL! Ahhh.. So, my mix is now argan oil/vitamin e with essential oils tea tree, eucalyptus, and peppermint.
Tea Rinse 
       I also placed JBCO on my scalp with Organix Argan Creme Conditioner on length/roots of my hair. I also placed CHI deep protein reconstructor on my ends primarily before sealing with warm coconut oil. Sat under heat for about 45 minutes. (could have stopped here!)

[3] DC with Organix repairing awapuhi ginger conditioner and Roux moisture recovery on length/roots of my hair. Sat under heat for about one hour. 

[4] Tea Rinse with Cc's natural Happy Hair Tea - As I looked at my hair, I realized...my hair has a tint of red!? ... My BF confirmed...a las..he likes it so all is well! lol We all know black tea slowly dyes your hair to black so it only makes sense! Still loves it! 

[5] So, here is when the tragedy begins... Leave-ins: Nexxus Hydra-light root life, and Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea spray

Then ... I decided to try the pony tail roller technique for my set. I have been seeing some bomb.com results on other blogs so I said hey! why not!? I did use end wrap papers and Aphogee style wrap and mousse.... 
My results

My issues: I DID NOT like my roots... maybe I tied to much hair but it was not as smooth as I would have liked. I liked the volume but it just looks BIG! 

Not-so tragic: My curls actually were not that bad and my hair was soft not hard while holding the curls. 



How was your wash day!?

xoxo

Keyda 

4 comments:

  1. The shape of the curls look good. I

    I think you are right, you used way too many products. Try to make it simple next time. You dont really need conditioner, oil, two different DC and then leave in on top of that. The hair Will be overloaded and not responding well to styling. Just some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the curls. You'll get it the next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I ended up combing it out and borrowing your braid wrapped bun! It was a hit with my friends over weekend :)

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!