Wednesday, August 27, 2014

[Hairstyle] Bantu Knot Side Puff | The #WashDayExperience

All summer I've struggled to get a "wearable" bantu knot set. I have this three texture situation going on: natural roots, totally under-processed texlaxed mid-strand (thanks to the relaxer drama of my last touch up), and normal texlaxed ends. My bantu knot curls from roots to mid-strand look great---then those ends... *hangs head* Needless to say, I was determined to redeem my bantu knot curls this week. Here's how my #washdayexperience went:

  1. Pre-Poo- I finger detangled using extra virgin coconut oil.
  2. Shampoo- with Jessicurl Cleansing Cream.
  3. Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
  4. Tea Rinse- using 2 chamomile tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
  5. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  6. Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  7. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal, and bantu knotted my hair in about 10 sections.
The Results:
Can I get a confetti filled balloon drop fireworks show for girls at Jessicurl? Yeah, I know that you're so over hearing me rave about these products but OMG that Deep Treatment feels my hair feeling so ridiculously silky soft moisturized. It probably should be a crime. The Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner is just marvelous. I don't even hate the scent anymore! 


My curls turned out pretty nicely this go around. To style, I pulled them over to the side and secured with a few pins. Nothing really fancy, but I felt kinda spicy! 

How was your #washdayexperience? Share the dets below!

Besitos!
KLP

The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 



27 comments:

  1. Love the way that turned out! I had the same hatred going on for As I Am Twist Defining Creme! Compared to the Smoothing Gel it smells awful. But as I've used it more and more I've actually stopped noticing the smell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nose is SUPER particular---especially when it comes to products that I use on my hair or body. I think maybe I had a big batch or something the first time that I used the Too Shea Conditioner because now I can actually appreciate the scent. Do I wish it was lighter---brighter and fresher? Si, que claro pero for now---I'll live!

      Delete
  2. This selfie is priceless. I love the dress. And of course, the hair. You are definitely a pro at the bantu knots business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part of this dress is it's functionality! It has pockets!!! I swoon and feel foot loose fancy free over a dress with pockets girl!

      Delete
  3. Lol that gasp picture is priceless. Your bantu knot looks great tho, I love the side puff too....kinda retrooo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what happens when I have too much fun snapping #washdayexperience pictures! LOL. Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  4. Your bantu knot outs are amazing! Love the selfie too. It's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I literally re-read my ABC's of Bantu Knots guide 15 times before starting my hair---just to make sure that I didn't miss anything! Sad when you have to re-read your own notes!

      Delete
  5. Curling wands have NOTHING on your bantu knots! Your curls are so defined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are tooo sweet! When I was in HS, I lived for curling wands. And my hair was fried for it! If only I had known about bantu knots back then!

      Delete
  6. Ok KLP I am officially handing you the "Queen of Bantu Knots" award!! You always get them right !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you only knew about the sets that are AWFUL! LOL! You're soooo sweet Lydz!

      Delete
  7. Your curl definition is AMAZING. Definitely the BKO boss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! You need to come down here and do mine! I'm going to try again at some point but I'm just tired of waking up to crazy-looking hair afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abso-friggin-lotuely!!!! When I do bantu knots on other people it looks better than when I so my own!

      Delete
  9. I have to look into those Jessicurl products, your hair came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessicurl is pretty amazeballs. You can pretty much say adios to dry hair with those products!

      Delete
  10. I love the curlies you're rocking. You're selfie is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never thought to add glycerin to my tea rinse. hmm I am still trying to perfect my bantu knots

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're my bantu knot shero, super cute curly 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute hair style and the curls are well defined ! great job :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!