Friday, April 25, 2014

What's In My Gym Bag? Hair Edition | Fitness Friday


I love working out at home because---well---I can wear my old faded holey alum sweats, workout in my pre-shampoo oil treatment, and sport that sexy plastic cap that all the guys love. Lol. I've been married long enough that nothing that I do to my hair surprises my hubby. However, when I know I'm gonna hit the gym, there's no way that I'm sporting the same look. It's #FitnessFriday *round of applause* and here's what's in my gym bag...for my hair:


Bun Maker: Scunci Banana Clip 
My secret to a big doughy bun is a banana clip. I love a polished messy bun. Meaning, I want it to look casual but chic---even in the gym. 

Moisturizer: Jessicurl Too Shea
Moisturized hair is happy hair. Period. I slap a little on my edges then put on my headband to keep my edges tame.

Dent Free Elastics: Karina Elastic Ties
When I'm trying to save a blowout or flat iron, I reach for my dent free hair ties. Plus these ones skip that pesky metal that your hair gets caught in. I found these hair ties on sale at Ulta a few weeks ago for about $2. That clearence section is my bestie!

Bobby Pins: Conair Black Bobby Pins
Who is eating my bobby pins? I bought a 60 pack last month. Now I have 20...maybe 30. Smh. There is a bobby pin monster in my house tormenting my soul! (I'm not dramatic though...) I use bobby pins to secure my buns and keep my hair from distracting me from putting in work!
 
Several Headbands: Scunci No Slip Grip
I found these in the dollar store. Yeah---the dollar store! Then I promptly purchased ten. Headbands are like bobby pins---they just disappear into thin air.


My all time favorite gym style is a Double Dutch Braid into a bun. It's taut, cute, and works for just about all of my group classes. What's in your gym bag for your hair?

Let's inspire together! Create a fitness related blog post and link up every Friday with me, KLP of SavingOurStrands, Ebony of Longing4Length, and Britt of One&20

Fitness Friday Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your hosts: SavingOurStrands, Longing4Length, and One&20 via Bloglovin'
  2. Fitness is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted---we not about that life!
  3. Inspire the Fitness Friday contributor that linked up directly before you with an encouraging comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. (Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; So everyone gets love​!).
  4. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button which links back to the Fitness Friday page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.


Besitos!
KLP





25 comments:

  1. Great post KLP, definitely need to look a lil cuter at the gym but anything goes at home. I have some Argan oil in my gym bag to add some to my edges once I take the sweat band off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes Argan oil is the truth! I just wish that it wasn't so expensive! Great edge control tip chica!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I have a swim bag where depending on how I am wearing my hair will have some of the items you listed like headbands, bobby pins and a few extras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that I had the time (and energy) for swim. It's an amazing total body workout. What's your swim hair routine like?

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
    2. I have a detailed swim hair routine here > http://crowningglorymine.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-swimming-regimen.html

      Delete
    3. How awesome chica! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Girl I sooo on board with you and the dollar store headbands. I like to raaacck up between my hair, my daughter's hair and her doll babies hair they tend to disappear often. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling Kendra someone is eating my hair bands and bobby pins! I bought a few packs over the weekend. Totally missing today. It's a conspiracy! Lol!

      Delete
  4. Should I be ashamed to say that am a gym rat and I do not own a gym bag? lol
    Am weird.. I drape my towel over my neck, yoga mat under arm, my water bottle and ipod in had. As for my hair I usually LCO and tie down with a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just too vain to go to the gym with a scarf on---even on days when I really really want to! Ha-ha! How to do style your hair after the gym?

      Delete
    2. Usually am in a high bun or french braids. Sometimes if am wearing my hair out after a fresh touch up I would cross wrap it. Wwhen am done I just let it air dry and voila! Edges are tamed and my hair stays straight.

      Delete
    3. I keep a scarf on because I do a lot of floor work outs and cannot stand my strands touching/rubbing on the ground!

      Delete
    4. I totally feel you on that! If I'm doing mat work in the gym I put my towel down first. I will not believe that those mats are clean...regardless of what they use to rub them down!

      Delete
    5. I haven't mastered the cross-wrap or just a regular wrap. LOL. My hair always looks wonky when I try.

      Delete
  5. I usually go to the gym to run on the treadmill because I dont have one, but I am hoping to get one at home soon. Im like you I can got to the gym in anything, I have a to match my outfit, lol! Even though I usually running early in the morning when noone is there, but just in case, lol! I usually wear my hair in a top bun or knot with a headband to catch the sweat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #nojudgement zone chica! My headband usually matches the rest of my outfit too. LOL.

      Delete
  6. I find bobby pins on my floor smh....and car (covers head lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet when we move they'll all miraculously turn up in the most random places. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  7. I love my Conair bobby pins. These are all great products, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with the bobbi pin monster! I swear I lose bobbi pins at an alarming rate and have no idea where they go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a conspiracy! LOL! Thanks for stopping by chiquita!

      Delete
  9. Citation- Logan, P. (n.d.). 3 Week Rapid Weight Loss Pills: Natural Weight Loss Solution. Retrieved December 4, 2018, from https://phenofficial.com/reviews/3-week-rapid-weight-loss/ .

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first the price of gym might be seem high to you but that price may include being able to take part in a spinning class, a Turbo Jam course, or another aerobic session.Legal anavar for women

    ReplyDelete
  11. Extraordinary things you've generally imparted to us. Simply continue written work this sort of posts.The time which was squandered in going for educational cost now it can be utilized for studies.Thanks Strefit

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!