Tuesday, February 24, 2015

[Tutorial] Easy Knotted Updo for Natural Hair



I know that this style looks quite complicated, but I promise you that it's not. PLUS it takes all of 5 minutes to do. If you struggle with braiding your own hair, are transitioning and want to hide your ends, or just looking for an easy protective style then this is the updo for you! It's literally a row of knots pinned into a bun. Here's how I do it:
  1. Make a heavy side part then position your bangs behind your ear (if necessary).
  2. Starting that your crown, grab two large sections of hair. 
  3. Loop the section into a knot. (Like you would tie two pieces of string together) Place a bobby pin through the center of the knot to secure.
  4. Hold on to your previous sections, plus gather a little more hair in each hand. Loop another knot. Secure with a bobby pin. 
  5. Repeat step 4 again and again until you reach your nape. I did 4 knots. If your hair is longer or you use smaller sections, you may need to do more knots.
  6. Tuck the reminding hair around your final knot and secure with a bobby pin on each side. 

Polish the look by smoothing your edges with little edge control. (My favorite is Chi Twisted Fabric) Then cover with a satin/silk scarf to tame flyaways.

Oh and of course this look is gorgeous on straighter hair too. Check out Keoshia's sleeker Knotted look:



So what do you think? Is this one worth a try?

Besitos!
KLP

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the style, it does look more complicated than it seems. Will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look so much KLP, it going to be my staple updo, lol! Thanks for the shout out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for recreating it chica! I love the smoothness of your rendition!

      Delete
  4. Thanks soo much for the step by step. Now it looks much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. I touched my curls to see if they were long enough...lol I'll have to wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're so silly chica! Instead of set of knots down the middle, you can always split your hair down the middle and do two sets of knots!

      Shoot....I might try this idea next week!

      Delete
  6. Its amazing how such a simple style can look so complex AND sophisticated. Thanks for taking the time to share how you do it! KLP you are definitely enjoying your hair I must say..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I think I would try it out on my birthday...

    Give your way to prosperity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it works for you chica! Happy EARLY birthday!

      Delete
  8. Yes! It's out! I'm definitely doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classy!!! I'm definitely trying it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi K! I love it. It's very elegant and sophisticated yet business professional. It's a style that's quite versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! I love a style that screams sassy and polished but doesn't require a ton of time!

      Delete
  11. Oooh I totally need to try this, gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!