Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Is Your Hair Regimen Working? | The #WashDayExperience

 
www.savingourstrands.com
I noticed that my hair has been on its very best behavior over the last 3 weeks. Think super moisturized curls pump, clumped and shiny. So I checked my previous #washdayexperience posts to see what exactly had I been doing.


And to my surprise--I'd used the same exact product lineup and the same exact setting techniques.

So obviously I had to do it again...


Here's what I used:

Pre-shampoo- DIY Moisturizing Mist (tutorial here) + Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner  (review here)
Clay Rinse- Here's the dets on my recipe
Deep Condition- Jessicurl Deep Treatment Conditioner (review here)
Leave-Ins- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Why EVCO is AMAZING here) + Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner (why I love this stuff here) + DIY Hair Butter (tutorial here)

RELATED: My Minimalist Natural Hair Regimen


And here's how I did it:

I started my spritzing the ends of my hair with my DIY Moisturizing Mist (tutorial here). Then I slathered my hair in Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I talk about this combo every week so if you're still sleeping on it---shame on you! BUT if you want tangle melting madness You can read my full review here!

www.savingourstrands.com

RELATED: How I got these curls to POP!

I hopped in the shower, rinsed the conditioner section by section then applied my Clay Rinse with a narrow tip applicator bottle. This is my third consecutive clay rinse and I'm still tickled pink with how moisturized and defined my curls are afterwards. Next, I deep conditioned with my all time fave conditioner Jessicurl Deep Treatment Conditioner (review here), coated my ends in Extra Virgin Coconut oil (here's the kind that I use $) to seal in the conditioner and plopped under my hooded dryer for about 30 minutes.


RELATED: Why I'm in love with the Coco (Coconut Oil of course!) 

I t-shirt dried for about 10 minutes then installed Curlformers using a little more Extra Virgin Coconut Oil + Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner (why I love this stuff here) + DIY Hair Butter (how to make your own Hair Butter here) as my leave ins.

Can I just get a hand clap and dust of pixie dust for these curls?!?

www.savingourstrands.com

I think that my hair regimen is working! Hopefully you won't get bored with m!

How did you style your hair this week? Do you think that your hair regimen is working? Share the dets below!



38 comments:

  1. That texture! I love it!!! And those Curl Former curls are banging KLP! Did you wear them as is this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up in the bun they went---I've been a sneezing snotty wreck this week thanks to my allergies. *le sigh*

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  2. Your curls are popping! You swear by Jessicurl, i really need to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab a sample size if you don't want to commit to a full bottle. I promise you that you'll love it!

      Delete
  3. Your hair is simple beautiful, I can't wait to see my curls pop like yours. Did you get the clay from Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much chica! I usually pick my clay up from The Vitamin Shoppe near my house. You can also order it online here on Amazon.com

      Delete
  4. Your curls though!! I am definitely going to be reviewing my regimen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The curls and the hair thickness!! I can not say much just that I am following behind you, lol.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! You have no idea how excited I am to have found a regimen that is WORKING!

      Delete
  6. Omg work, work, work *rihanna voice* you are definitely doing something soooooo right!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

      You are too much Yvonne! *does a little happy dance*

      Delete
  7. Your hair is beautiful and regimen appears solid. I've always wanted to try the healing indian healing clay

    http://sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it! And even if you don't care for it in your hair---it's a fantastic facial mask too!

      Delete
  8. Love all the photos, the comparison picture shows so much progress and your curlformers curls are lovely.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that I take pictures of my hair. It's the motivation that I needed to keep at it!

      Delete
  9. Your hair is absolutely BEAU-TI-FUL!! I might need to try some clay. You speak so highly of it and how moisturizing it is to your curls, so I'm getting more and more curious!
    Looking good tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That clay is the BESTEST! And now that I'm back to using it regularly, I can totally see and feel the difference in my hair. Softness, shine, and curl poppin lusciousness!

      Delete
  10. Wow, your hair is insanely beautiful. Your hair has grown so much. The shine is awesome and your curls are so defined. Those curls are MOIST!!!!!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks chica! I also noticed that all of my updos look better because my hair is better moisturized! #winning

      Delete
  11. It's definitely working, look at that hairrr ugh!
    So shiny, so juicy. I want it I want it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your curlformer set result. So lush. And awesome progress!



    www.hairvolutionbybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I'm really getting the hang of curlformers now! Yay!

      Delete
  13. OMG~I love your curls and your hair looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cresceu rápido amei arrasou os seus cabelos estar show,
    tenha uma semana abençoada.
    Meu canal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP6eHn5PlI
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muito obrigado chica! Desculpeme Português é muito ruim. Obrigada por apareceres!

      Delete
  15. **throws pixie dust!

    :-)

    Love the curls. I haven't used my curlformers in forever. They have caused me breakage so I wish I could sell them lol. I may try again but I have to be SUPER careful with these on my fine hair.

    So about that HH. Girl I had to give up the curly girl meth because I was missing my HH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It sucks that the curlformers were too much tension for your strands. But if you do choose to sell them---I'm sure that there will be plenty of buyers chile!!!

      Delete
  16. I'm loving your curls!!! Your regimen is definitely working.

    Thanks for sharing 😊!

    www.adventuresofanappychica.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just added more clay to my shelf. My new regimen is working now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally a good buy! I can't wait to see if it works for you!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!