Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Solid Shampoo Bar Wish List




It's official! I'm a shampoo bar lover! For the last couple of months, I've been madly in love with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar. Not only does it actually clean my hair---but it doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped, stringy, and tangled like typical shampoos. So, I've been on the hunt for my next bar to try. Here's a few that are on my wish list:


Sunrise Citrus- The Freckled Farm Company
Ingredients:
Olive Oil, Raw Goat Milk, Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Castor Oil, Palm Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Grapefruit Essential Oil, Orange Essential Oil, Lemon Essential Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil

Why it looks awesome: Hello coconut oil, shea butter, and olive oil. Three ingredients that make my hair do a happy dance! Ever since I read this article from Shelli over at hairscapades, I've been wanting to try something---anything with goats milk in it. Plus---y'all know that I love ANYTHING bright, fresh and citrus-y. 

Babassu Marshmallow- Chargin Valley Soap and Salve
Ingredients: 
Organic Babassu Oil; Organic Sunflower Oil; Organic Coconut Oil; Organic Avocado Oil; Organic Jojoba Oil; Organic Mango Butter; Organic Avocado Oil;  Oil; Water; Organic Shea Butter; Sodium Hydroxide*; Organic Marsh Mallow Root; Organic Castor Oil; Organic Walnut Oil; Organic Canola Oil; Organic Aloe; Organic Essential Oils of Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Ginger; Organic Rosemary Oil Extract 

Why It Looks Awesome: Remember this post from Jen @ JustGrowAlready and this post from Fiona @ LoveYourTresses about marshmallow root having AHA-mazing slip. Yeah. I. Need. That. In. My. Life. Anything that can help detangle, gently cleanse, and soften my roots is a winner all day in my book. 


Coco Honey & Amla Conditioning Shampoo Bar- Bobeam
Ingredients: 
Saponified vegetable oils, mainly coconut oil, glycerin, honey, purified water, sorbital (berries, moisturizer) sorbitial oleate (emulsifier) soybean protein (conditioner)

Why It Looks Awesome: A shampoo bar that cleanses while it conditions? Yum-o! Plus coconut oil, honey, and glycerin---all ingredients that my hair is known to lust after. I'm iffy on the soybean protein---I typically despise protein laced shampoos but Bobeam hasn't let me down yet and I dont think that this Coco Honey & Amla Conditioning bar will either.

Any of these look good to you? Which one should I choose?

Besitos!
KLP

Just in case you missed it: Here's How To Use A Solid Shampoo Bar (on natural, relaxed or transitioning hair)

16 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a solid shampoo bar but I've never tried one. The sunrise citrus bar looks awesome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a few more uses---idk how I'll be able to go back to using regular shampoos unless I'm clarifying!

      Delete
  2. These all look like great options, KLP! I want to try a shampoo bar on my hair and my daughter's so I might be on the lookout for the ones you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally you found shampoo that your hair doesn't hate!! Yaaay KLP!! All of these bars have really awesome ingredients. I haven't even considered trying a shampoo bar until reading those lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *does happy dance* Plus I'm not afraid to use shampoo bars weekly because they thoroughly cleanse without wrecking HAVOC on my tresses.

      Delete
  4. I'll take anything with Marshmallow in it. My hair (NG) loves this ingredient. Babassu is touted as a great alternative to coconut oil. GREAT post

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great picks. I don't know I just might take the plunge and actually try out a shampoo bar. I'm pretty sure it will last much longer than using regular shampoo. The Babassu Marshmallow and Coco Honey & Amla Conditioning Shampoo Bar look pretty good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best things about shampoo bars is that they are cheaper than (salon quality) liquid shampoos and they last forever and a day!

      Delete
  6. I really like the sound of the Sunrise citrus. The ingredients seem very yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the Sunrise citrus is a shampoo that I'd want to use just because of the scent! Ha-ha!

      Delete
  7. hmm coco honey and alma sounds great! might want to eat it. I didn't realise the shampoo bars are cheaper than cheaper than liquid shampoos (salon quality), should really go hunting for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave traditional shampoo is Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo. It runs at least $10/ea+. The most expensive bar listed here is $7.85/ea.

      Delete
  8. I always forget to use my shampoo bar. Bad Diva. lol Thanks for the post as it served as a reminder to use my bar.
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in shampoo bar love! Now I need to figure out what to do with all of this liquid shampoo in my stash. For someone who hasn't purchased a new shampoo in over a year---this is kinda pathetic. I might have to just close my eyes and toss it :(

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!