Tuesday, June 10, 2014

How To Store Solid Shampoo Bars


I've been using my Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar for almost 3 months and I've yet to find a reason not to love every minute of it! Because it looks like I'm ditching liquid shampoos for good (except Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo when I need a good clarifying cleanse.), I wanted to show you how I've been able to make my bar last by storing it properly:

How To Store Solid Shampoo Bars

  1. Rinse off your bar and allow to completely air dry on a flat surface
  2. Wrap in plastic cling
  3. Store in a shampoo bar tin or case in a dark, cool and dry place
Tips & Tricks:
- Never leave in shower or any place (i.e.: a soap dish without drainage) where it will be constantly exposed to condensation, heat or humidity.
- Always let bar dry completely before storing.
- You can get several months of use out of your shampoo bar if you store it properly. The typical shelf life is 2-3 months.


Pretty simple right? So...are you ready to hop on the shampoo bar bandwagon or are you still skeptical?

Besitos!
KLP

Just in case you missed it: Here's How To Use A Solid Shampoo Bar (on natural, relaxed or transitioning hair) and a few shampoo bars that are on my wish list.

10 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I used to looooooove the Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. I'm not sure why I stopped using them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally enamored with the Chagrin Babassu Marshmallow bar. The Good/bad thing about shampoo bars is that they last forever and a day. It's gonna take me FOREVER to work through my wish list! Thanks for the recommendation chica!

      Delete
  2. Sorry KLP I will have to pass on the shampoo bars. I have never been a fan of soap bars and this whole storage process looks like so much work lol I am just being lazy hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Not having to dilute my shampoo makes it easier to me Haha!

      Delete
  3. Do you find shampoo bars to be more gentle than traditional shampoo?
    Yalanda @ Laugh Anyway
    http://welaughanyway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! My shampoo bar is definitely gentler than my favorite gentle shampoo. It gets my hair clean without stripping it or making it feel like straw!

      Delete
  4. I love my shampoo bars! I need to find some tin cases though. I have been doing the very thing I shouldn't. Leaving it in the shower but I keep it in regular travelers soap case. I sometimes forget to close it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that a regular travelers case is fine but keeping it in the shower is asking for trouble. LOL. What is your fave shampoo bar brand?

      Delete
  5. Your making it harder for me to stay away from those shampoo bars. I will make sure I try it out though, but not until I use up at least one of the shampoos in my stash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought a new liquid shampoo in about a year now---but believe it or not---I still have at least 4-5 bottles of shampoo left! I think that it's time to just ditch them. I wonder what the shelf life of that stuff is anyway....

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!