Monday, March 18, 2013

[Review] Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment

Price: 24.99 for 33.8oz
Purchased at: Amazon (also available in smaller sizes)
Promises: Smooths and softens. Time is precious; make the most out of it. Our exclusive Super Skinny Complex helps reduce dry time so you get smooth style faster. Helps repair and protect hair against damage.
Ingredients: Water, quaternium-91, cetrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol amodimethicone, C11-15 pareth-7, C12-16 pareth-9, glycerin, polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol decaprylate/decaprate, PPG-1 trideceth-6, ceteareth-20, cetyl esters, hydrolyzed wheat protein PG-propyl selanetriol, triethyl cietrate, bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 aminoethyl PG propyl demethocine/algae extreact/ aloe barbadensis leaf extract/anthemis nobilis extract/simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) extract/rosmarinus ...

Directions: Apply a small amount. Massage. Rinse.
How I use it: Smoothing treatment after tea rinses.
My Thoughts: This smoothing conditioner is the perfect example of why I wait a while to test a product before I give it a thumbs down. My mother in law actually gave me this liter bottle about a year ago. After the first use, I was not impressed. At. All. In fact, I told her that I was going to give it back to her because it was awful. After deep conditioning with it, my hair felt like it was coated---as if my hair was repelling instead of absorbing the product. My hair felt tacky and not moisturized at all. But thank goodness that I didn't toss it out the door. One night while cleaning out my product stash, I actually took time to read the instructions on the bottle. This isn't a deep conditioner at all! It's a smoothing treatment! The timing was perfect because I had just incorporated tea rinses into my regimen and although I love that teas curb shedding---they make my hair feel hard and extremely coarse. I give PM SSDT another go, but this time after a tea rinse. Boom! Back in business. Perfectly fluffy strong smooth hair plus my drying time was cut in half. No coated feeling at all. I think that aside from relaxers---this is the only product that I use specifically according to it's directions. Ha-ha! A little goes a long way and I will absolutely purchase again once this bottle runs out. (Unless my suegra has another bottle flowing around her bathroom *fingers crossed*) So if you are into tea rinses or need a quickie conditioner to smooth your hair (especially if you are air drying) with---PM SSDT is worth a try.  

Have you ever tried PM SSDT? 
Un mil besitos!
KLP

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE PMSS Daily Treatment after my tea rinse. My hair feels so extremely soft sometimes I don't feel like I need to DC but of course I can't skip muh DC! I purchased the sample size and was sad when I ran out. I will def purchase again once I use up a few other smoothing conditioners that I already have. I need to seriously reduce my stash right now! LOL! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another PMSSDT lover! What was I thinking trying to deep condition with heat using this stuff? Ha-ha!

      What other smoothing conditioners have you tried?

      Delete
    2. I have one by Ion Solutions and one by Silk Elements (but it may be a smoothing deep conditioner). I like PMSSDT the best so far.

      Delete
    3. Ay! Thanks! Looks like PMSSDT is a winner!

      Delete
  2. I think I need to give it a try after my tea rinse! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give you some to try out when I see you next week love!

      Delete
  3. Good review. Good that you found out how to make it efective for your hair.
    Too bad that its only working for me then applied to dry hair to coat my prevoius relaxed lenghts. Other ways it makes my hair hard...
    I will not purchase it again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you found a way to use it! Nothing's worse than spending your money on a product that you can't use!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!