Saturday, October 25, 2014

What Not To Wear To Yoga Class | #FitnessFriday


It's very easy to be intimidated by Yoga. Yogis have their own language, seem to be in union with their bodies, and Zen in their surroundings. Your first yoga class can be a little scary but you'll do fine---as long as you don't wear these 3 things:



100% Cotton Low-Rise Pants- Regardless of which type of yoga class you are attending---the chances of you sweating in places that you don't want anyone to know that you sweat in are HIGH. Cotton absorbs moisture---and leaves a not so sexy sweat stain. Do not be that girl. I've been that girl and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy! Low-rise definitely a no-no too. Imagine---you + forward fold + low rise pants...just think about that for a second.  Now---put on your high waist moisture-wicking capris that won't show your assets when you bend over and won't show where you sweat while you get Zen.

Baggy tops- There is nothing at all wrong with erring on the side of modesty in the yoga studio, however---you'll want to avoid tops that are too baggy. Basic moves like downward dog will send your top cascading over your head. Try a top that's fitting but not overly tight or uncomfortable.

Strong Perfume- I know that your guy loves the scent of your favorite perfume, but chances are that after a few ujjayi pranayama breaths everyone in your class will hate it. Just stick with deodorant/antiperspirant. Your class mates will definitely thank you for that one!

What else is on you DO NOT wear to yoga class list?

Besitos!
KLP

Let the countdown begin! T-14 days until your new and improved #FitnessFriday linkup relaunches. Bigger. Badder. Bolder. All to cultivate a community of strong fiercely fabulous and fit mamacitas. Until then link up with either my bloggy boo Ebony from www.longing4length.com or myself on Fridays to share how you lived well this week!



15 comments:

  1. Lol @ strong perfume! I usually go light on the perfume. What can I say? I am just a woman who loves Old Spice deodorants! Have a lovely weekend.
    P.S: Thanks for adding my link:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nose is really finicky and of course that means that I always get stuck behind *that guy* that drowns in cologne before a workout or *that guy* who bathes in body spray before walking into a group workout room. #justmyluck

      Delete
  2. V-neck tops!
    I wore one to my first yoga class and being the busty gal that I am, it was NOT ok. I happen to look up during downward dog and noticed that my boobs were all the way on display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh how in the world did I forget v-neck tops!!!! I'm totally NOT a busty gal and I know from experience that they are the devil in yoga class! Unless of course you want to flash everyone in class. LOL.

      Delete
  3. I second the "avoid wearing shirts that are too baggy" part, LOL! I had such an embarrassing experience where my shirt flipped right over my head and off of my body, wth?! I have never done that since! LOL #keepitcute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY the reason that made the list! When trying to be modest backfires. LOL

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous pic KLP! I like this list and it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! I caught some great light before going to yoga practice

      Delete
  5. Oh I just could not imagine wearing cotton pants to the hot yoga session that I went to with my friend. Also for new yogis, hot yoga in my opinion is not the one to start with! Lordy I was so hot that when the instructor put my cold towel beside me, I could literally feel the heat transfer lol

    Quirkybrownlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sooo brave! I really want to do hot yoga but I never have a wingman---you know someone that knows my next of kin just in case I loose my mind that hot yoga heat! LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great advice and it is so true!

    adventuresofanappychica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely right especially with nos 1 and 2, I also learnt the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man...I'm kinda wondering why NO body told any of us BEFORE our first yoga classes?! LOL. I feel like I've been set up!

      Delete
  8. Excellent post and it also comprises a lot of useful facts- Thanks for valuable information. Really enjoyed reading If you have time please visit my gym apparel canada page and please leave comments.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!