Tuesday, March 15, 2016

4 Ways To Make Deep Conditioning Easier


I love deep conditioning my hair. I know that my curls CRAVE moisture and I know that moisturized hair retains length. Like--what is there not to love about deep conditioning---except how long it can take. So here are 4 ways to make your deep conditioning session a little quicker and easier!

T E M P E R A T U R E

Hooded dryers, heating caps, and steamers are all fantastic heat sources to allow your fave deep conditioner to absorb into your strands but who really wants to sit under them? Next time that you deep condition, try warming your conditioner first then apply it to your hair. According to JC (healthy hair scientist) at Natural Haven, applying warm conditioner to your hair is just as effective as the other heat sources---but it's soo much easier!

D E E P   C O N D I T I O N   O V E R N I G H T

I get fried every single time that I say this, but it's my truth: I deep condition overnight. *gasps* I discovered this technique by accident---I fell asleep with conditioner in my hair---and I adore it. Over moisturizing is real; however I can  honestly say that this technique has done wonders for my hair. It also saves me time and keeps my hair more moisturized longer (even without daily moisturizing/sealing. 

L A Y E R   W I T H   O I L

I first picked up on this brilliant deep conditioning technique via Carol's Daughter's Olive Oil Infusion. I layer an oil over my conditioner to seal in all that moisturizing goodness before I cover my head with a plastic cap. Every single time, my hair feels like silk afterwards.

RELATED: How I Prevent Breakage in my Natural Hair

U S E   P R O T E I N

Protein conditioners keep my curls balanced, soft but strong, and thwarts breakage on my ends. My I use this cult classic from Aubrey Organics as a pre-shampoo treatment on my ends about once a month to balance out my moisture usage. However, I'm considering using henna in the future. Strong hair plus subtle color? Seems like a win win to me! 

What's your secret hack for making deep conditioning easier? 

Besitos!
KLP

16 comments:

  1. I looove using heat, especially my heating cap.

    Lungi | ByLungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heating cap used to be my go to---then it stopping working as well. Sometimes it does get hot enough---other times not so much. *le sigh* I think that it's on its last leg. Poor thing!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I have no hacks. I have done the overnight conditioner and as long as I wasn't just coming out of twists or braids (which made for a tangled mess in the morning) I loved it too. I haven't done it in a long time though. We'll see if the natural do loves it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do 3 of your list. I still can't come to grips with sleeping with a product in my hair since i catch colds easily that way. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 of 4 ain't bad!! Overnight deep conditioning isn't for everyone!

      Delete
  4. I have to revisit deep conditioning on dry hair. It's been a while. I have a hair growth challenge on my blog please check it out.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try to do the overnight deep conditioning it sounds like a winner.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't hurt to try then at least you can say with certainty if your hair loves or hates it!

      Delete
  6. I love my Hot Head. I only wish it stayed hot a little longer. Also, on wash day I honestly don't mind the time it takes to care for my hair. If it love it, it will love me back Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are great tips. I can't deep condition overnight because it makes my scalp itch. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable! I tend to keep the conditioner away from my scalp when I deep condition overnight.

      Delete
  8. I have tried the over night conditioning thing, but I always feel uncomfortable and end up washing it off in the middle of the night. I don't get the "layer with oil" bit. Do you mean sealing in the moisture with an oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly chica! After you apply the conditioner to your hair, coat you ends in a little oil. This technique makes my hair feel sooo silky soft and moisturized after deep conditioning.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!