Wednesday, March 30, 2016

5 Reasons Why Curlformers Are AWESOME! | The #WashDayExperience



The biggest reason that I caved and picked up Curlformers was because I wanted an easy way to stretch my hair so that I could work my hair into some of my favorite updos. I live for a simple, chic updo!

I also understand that this isn't everyone's motivation, especially when you see the price tag ($60USD+) for a curlformer kit. However, if for some reason I lost my kit today---I'd replace it in a heart beat. Here are 5 reasons why I don't even want to function without my curlformers:

SIMPLE INSTALLATION


Yes, there is a learning curve to using curlformers, but once you get into your own rhythm, they are stupid easy to work with. Honestly, I think that they are easier than magnetic rollers, perm rods, or even bantu knots because you're guaranteed a perfectly uniform curl every time. No fumbling with end papers, no worrying about even sections, and no wondering if you're twisting your hair in the right direction. I mean---the fact that they are color coded (one color for clockwise and another for counter-clockwise) makes installation easy peasy.

HEAT FREE

After spending years addicted to using heat to straighten my hair---I'm trying to stay as far away from direct heat as much as possible. I love that I don't have to use heat in order for my curlformers to set. Whether I install + air dry (4-5 hrs) or install + hooded dryer (30+45 mins), I can get the look of hot curlers, curling wands or flat iron curls without fear of burning my hair.

RELATED: 8 Tips for Sleek & Smooth Curlformer sets


SMOOTH & SLEEK CURLS

The best thing about Curlformers is that you can achieve a glossy curl from root to tip. The curls are glossy and moisturized. My hair feels smooth and bouncy.


GENTLE

My natural curl pattern is so tightly coiled that rarely do I get to see the full length of my hair without some sort of manipulation. Luckily for me, the gentle tension from the curlformer rod stretches my hair (without yanking it out at the root).

LESS TANGLES

And because my hair is in a stretched state, I've noticed that I have much less breakage from tangles. My hair stays moisturized longer from root to tip. I see less tangles/breakage from installing curlformers than I do for any other style that set recently (including a flat twist out and banding) 

Curlformers are perfect for relaxed girls who are trying to stay away from the heat and even for those of us who are transitioning because it blends all the textures in your hair SEAMLESSLY!

Do the results not speak for themselves? What are your tips for getting smooth and sleek curls?

Besitos!
KLP



20 comments:

  1. I love your curls KLP so sleek and bouncy!

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curls never disappoint! I think I am still on that learning curve, it takes me about 2 hours to get all the curlformers in my hair...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first couple of experiences were like that Becca. But once I learned to section my hair properly---and to apply all of my leave ins BEFORE I start the installation process---my setting time decreased. So give yourself some time to figure out what works best for you.

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  3. I recently bought the curlformers and I cannot wait to try them on my hair. Thanks for the tip on the directions I thought they are just differently colored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I thought that too! And my first set was pretty much a mess. LOL.

      Delete
  4. I bought the wrong size. Your hair looks great as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just left a scathing comment on Jenn's blog....ya'll both make this look so easy, grrrrr! And I consider myself pretty good at self styling, but honeyyyyy I can't get right with curlformers and here you are MOCKING me with these posts...AND YOUR FAB RESULTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOLOLOL!!! I'm dead!

      There is totally a learning curve! My first couple of sets were kind crappy but now that I've got the hang of it my curls are smoother and sleeker. So keep trying chica! I know that you'll get it!

      Delete
  6. Your curls are everything KLP!! The price is what keep me from buying them especially when I can get similar curls with flexi rods. But these curls are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Bee, but I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at flexi-rods! There's something about rolling my hair on the rods that trips me up EVERY time. What I like about Curlformers is that they are fool proof and I get a perfect curl with each set.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I should give these curlformers a try. Are they comfortable to sleep in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not if you actually want to get some rest. LOL. I slept in my curlformers twice and I REFUSE to do it again. Now I just suck it up and sit for 30-45 minutes under my hooded dryer.

      Delete
  8. You seriously have me wanting to give mine another try but the only thing is I'm feeling my regular curls these days!

    Curlformers have been pretty rough on my fine hair. I also have the SSS plates so if I want to stretch I can use those too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the tension from the rod or the manipulation that gave you trouble? I don't consider my hair to be fine, but I'm finding that I have less shedding, tangles, and breakage when I use the curlformers.

      Delete
  9. You are my biggest tempter when it comes to curlformers. One day. I'll get the dupes though. That pricetag...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you...that price tag is no joke! But I can honestly say that they are worth the price!

      Delete
  10. Those results speak for themselves! They make the hair so manageable! Wish I had tried them sooner!! I actually didn't realise that is what they cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The manageability and how well they stretch my hair is what keeps me coming back to curlformers week after week. Plus it's heat free! Woot!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!