Monday, March 28, 2016

Volume Check



My hair is stupid dense.

Sometimes I feel like I have a million of the world's teeniest tiniest curls.

The changes that I've made in my regimen have made a world of difference in the way that my hair feels.


But does it look longer? Meh...not really.

When I found this picture from 2015; I had to really mediate on what indicators actually mark progress for my curls. Length is great, but it can't be the only factor worth considering.

My hair is probably 2-3x more voluminous than it was last year.

My hair is shiner, fuller and much more defined.

My ends clump and form these perfect little coils.

My hair has evolved and I think that it's time for my mindset on progress to evolve too because all of this volume and definition is giving me LIFE.

So I'm wondering, should I start doing volume checks in addition to length checks?

Besitos!
KLP

12 comments:

  1. I think that would be a great idea! Length checks are great, however we tend to wear our hair in it's natural state. Plus you can see how your hair looks (volume, healthy, etc.) from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking the same thing Christina! Right now I do length checks using a measuring tape because I just don't feel like straightening my hair!

      Delete
  2. Loving the veery noticeable change! The length check is not as satisfying when you're not straightening your hair regularly every 10-16 weeks. And using measuring tape on little chunks doesn't give the full picture. Have you seen Igbocurl's volume checks? They give me life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS I have! Omgosh her hair is drop dead gorgeous! If only I would have started doing volume checks when I first cut off my relaxed ends!

      Delete
  3. Your hair is looking soooo yummy!!! and yup! its definitely more fuller and shinier! I absolutely love your work keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea KLP! Your curls are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to volume checks....your coils are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dabs! If only I'd had this idea last year! LOL. Then I'd have a good starting point for my volume checks.

      Delete
  6. Yes volume checks are a must! Your hair is noticeably voluminous 😛

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!