Tuesday, March 29, 2016

[Review] Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner



How ironic is it that in my minimalist regimen; I actually wash my hair more often? I wash my hair twice a week; a mid-week co-wash then a few days later I deep condition. I've been using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner to co-wash for about a year now and I'm madly in love with it. Here's why:

SLIPPAGE. This conditioner has some of the best slip of any conditioner that I've ever used (especially for it's stupid cheap price) First, I mist my hair with my DIY Moisturizer just to dampen my curls, then I apply this conditioner and my tangles completely disappear.

MOISTURIZING. Don't you hate it when a conditioner just sits on top of your strands refusing to soak in? Well you won't have that issue with this conditioner! It absorbs into my hair leaving my curls super soft and moisturized. I can't say that it could replace my deep conditioner by any means, but it's great for keeping my curls from getting dried out.

VERSATILE. I've used this conditioner as a pre-shampoo treatment, co-wash, and leave in conditioner. Because of the (mostly) organic ingredients, I'm not afraid to that it will dry my hair out or make my curls frizzy. 

STIMULATING. The tea tree + peppermint + eucalyptus essential oil combination makes my scalp giddy. Yes...I'm oh so serious! The tingly refreshing sensation keeps my scalp from rioting from all of my sweaty workouts.




RELATED: How I Cowash My Hair

The only downside of this conditioner is that it's exclusive to Trader Joe's stores. Which means that if you're not within a few miles of a Trader Joe's location then you'd have to grab it from Amazon.com (where it's more pricey)

And here are all of the official specs---just in case you're interested in all that mambo-jumbo:

Price: $3.99 USD

Purchased at: Trader Joe's and Amazon

Ingredients:
Water, Tea Tree, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Nettle Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, Chamomile Oil, Clary, Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow Oil, Mallow, Horsetail Oil, Soybean Protein, Cetyl Alcohol, Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Grape Seed

Promises:
Invigorate With Peppermint, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus Botanicals. 

Have you tried Trader Joe's Tingle Conditioner? What's your fave way to use it?

Besitos!
KLP

6 comments:

  1. I learned about this may a year or two ago and fell in love with it first try! I use it for everything, literally. it took out a lot of other products I used and it is dirt cheap. I do have to go out of my way to get this, but I rather drive than purchase online. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Christina! I had it on my wish list for ages! Then when I moved and learned that we were near a Trader Joes---I started hoarding this stuff! I never have to worry about being too generous with this conditioner on my strands because its SOOOOOOOO cheap!

      Delete
  2. I miss this conditioner. No Trader Joes in east Georgia. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl...I would have racked up before I left. LOL. I'm not a hoarder tho... *hides face*

      Delete
  3. Hmm...I don't know where the nearest Trader Joe's is, but this gives me the idea to make my own conditioner by adding the peppermint and tea tree oils to my ORS conditioner!! We'll just have to see how this goes and if all else fails, I can just order it from Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YYYYAAASSSS!!! I love that idea! Plus there's nothing new to buy because you already have the essential oils!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!