Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Lush Henna Caca Rouge Results (3rd Application)

I did my third application of Lush's Henna Caca Rouge over the weekend! I used the same prep process and application as the previous two times. The only difference was that instead of co-washing before the application, I shampooed because my hair was still full of product from my last wash and go.

RELATED: How to use Lush Henna on Natural Hair 


Henna is a tedious process. It adds 4-5 hours to my usual wash day. It takes me about 20-30 minutes to apply the henna. I let it sit for 3 hours (one of which, I'm under my hooded dryer). Then it takes an additional 20-30 minutes to fully rinse the henna from my hair. Luckily for me, the results are are so worth it. Here's why:

VIBRANT HIGHLIGHTS

My hair is naturally dark brown with peeks of auburn highlights.  What I love about henna is that my natural sun-kissed highlights are now more vibrant coppery color. In the sun light, it's almost like I have a subtle bronze halo around my curls.


STRONGER SOFTER HAIR

I'm not sure if it's my new minimalist regimen, my latest obsession with wash and go's or a combination of both but my hair has been on it's very best behavior. My strands feel uber moisturized, despite the fact that I'm only washing my hair once a week. I haven't had to moisturize or seal between wash days and my curl definition is even better. (I didn't think that was a possibility!) I've also noticed less breakage.


CUMULATIVE

With each henna application, the color gets deeper and richer. So, I have many more applications before I'll get close to the firey copper glow that I really want. Fingers crossed that my time at the beach this summer will help expedite the process!



Any one else playing with henna? Do you have any tips or tricks to share?

Besitos!
KLP

16 comments:

  1. I love henna but I think I'm going to have to stop using it :( My hair is so fine that the weight that henna adds to your hair is messing with my curls. I did a henna treatment 2 weeks ago and noticed the front section of my hair is getting way looser and I found a loose curl in the back of my head where there had only been tight coils before. I don't use heat or overmoisturise so there's no way it's damage. Maybe I'll switch to every 6 months??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fine strands too and I noticed the same thing. I plan to apply henna once a year.

      Delete
    2. Lam---I totally noticed the same thing! My curls are more elongated for a few days after a henna application. However, in my case, I'm not sure if the "elongation" is permanent. After about 2 weeks, the curls sort of look normal again. I'm going to keep monitoring it and let y'all know what happens!

      Delete
    3. AHR-- Are you using Lush Henna or a different brand?

      Delete
    4. I really think it's due to my incredibly fine hair strands so hopefully the average person has nothing to worry about. I had thought I was being paranoid but over time there's been a noticeable change. Do keep us updated though! Btw I adore the colour you're getting.

      Delete
    5. Awww...that stinks!! Have your curls recovered Lam?!?

      Delete
  2. Your hair is looking gorgeous KLP! If you want more of a red result definitely try pure henna instead. I've used LUSH Caca Rouge a few times when I first dipped my toe into the henna world and loved it but you do get such different results when it's pure. My hair is naturally very dark too and I saw an immediate difference in colour when using pure henna over the LUSH bars. I can only guess that the process involved when using the LUSH bars doesn't give the henna enough time to give a deep red result or the concentration of henna isn't large enough. It's easier to rinse out than the LUSH bars too and for me was cheaper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one more Lush treatment and then I'll probably try to use pure henna. I guess that I'm just being lazy. I wanted a henna treatment that I didn't have to go all mad hair alchemist with. LOL

      Thanks for stopping by Lesley!

      Delete
  3. I see more of a lightening and a slight reddish tint on your ends so far. I don't think I want to use henna for color so much as I do stronger hair and more elongated curls so I think the LUSH henna would be perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color is extremely difficult to capture indoors. But outside in natural light---it's BRILLIANT! I'll try to get a better picture next time!

      Delete
  4. I'm starting to see a hint of red in your hair. Henna is too messy for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henna is sooooo messy! You have no idea. Like...idk how I got henna on my toes?!?! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I love me some henna, my hair becomes stronger after each application.

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you. I'm seeing less breakage for sure!

      Delete
  6. Nice! I have not been able to find the time to henna since having my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate LaNeshe! Henna is a long process and you have to make sure that you don't have anything else to do!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!