Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dear Bantu Knots, I love you. That's all.



Braid-out 2011
Big Bun 2012
My family vacays are always the best time of the year for me. When I say "family," I mean FAMILY. This year we have family members coming from as far as New York to Florida to celebrate my hubby's grandparent's anniversary. In our family, we don't need much of a rhyme or reason to celebrate. So this anniversary is a BIG deal. Fifty-plus years of marriage in this day, is a mega blessing. I always have a great great time, but I feel like I fight with my hair. A LOT. And it wins. Every.Time. The humidity is no joke. Straightening is just silly. My braid-outs are totally hit or miss---With more misses than hits. Last year, I resorted to big buns and updos. I really want a way to wear my hair out that's low maintenance but high style. This year, I'm thinking Bantu knots on stretched air dried hair might be my saving grace. *cue angelic music*


Three hours later
Freshly un-twisted
I did a test run today using a little Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector and Grapeseed oil. I sectioned my hair and then make little buns or Bantu knots. The knots only had a chance to set for about 2 hours before I had to get out of the house. 

I was out and about in 95% humidity for about 4 hours. I could literally feel my curls dropping and my roots getting bigger. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, only a little. Ha-ha!

Overall, I really like this look. It was super easy to do and its good to know that in 2 hours I can get a pretty nice low manipulation style. At night, I'll either pineapple or re-set in the same sections. I probably need another leave-in that can give my hair a little more hold and definition. Sugerencias?

Besitos!
KLP

8 comments:

  1. i still like the untwisted look three hours later.
    great that you can re-set the style at night because its so easy doing.

    have a nice time with your family =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bebe! Let the countdown begin! Thanks as always for following!

      Delete
  2. love the waves! i love the textured styles for hot weather, so much easier :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I re-twisted last night with a tad bit of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on my ends and my curls are definitely holding up better today! Fingers crossed for curly low maintenance vacay hair!

      Delete
  3. Great results! I Love bantu knots.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!