Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mini Wash

Hola Chicas!

Good news: I have 2.5 inches of super rizada roots. Bad news: I have 2.5 inches of super rizada roots. Ha-ha! I'm still sticking to my decision to relax in a few weeks after my vacay, but I pray daily that I won't regret it. Instead of fighting with my hair, attempting to coax it into sleek and smooth styles, instead I'm going to work with what I have. I'm thinking that a flexi-rod, braid-out, and bantu knot set will be the way to go. I naturally have big hair and the Florida humidity is only going to make it bigger. Then, if worst comes to worst, I'll pull it up into a big ol bun! So, for the next few days, I think that I'll practice so that I can brush up on my technique. Any suggestions will be appreciated! On to my wash day:

Wash Day Products

(0) Detangled with my magic rake in vertical sections.   
(1) Extreme deep condition with Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner, my essential oil blend, and a little JBCO on my scalp. Plus a 3-1 ratio of Nexxus Hydralight Weightless Moisture Conditioner and Roux Porosity Control Conditioner on the length of my hair. I massaged a little EVCO through my strands, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for an hour.  
(2) Tea Rinse with 2 green tea bags steeped 2 cups of water. I rinsed the conditioner thoroughly. Applied the tea rinse with a narrow tip applicator bottle and then let it sit on my hair for 5 minutes while in the shower.
(3) Smoothing treatment with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment. I rinsed the tea and massage a dollop of conditioner to my strands.

(4) Air dried with a cotton t-shirt until my hair was about 80% dry.  (5) Leave Ins- I detangled using the 2 comb method while adding a little Jessicurl's Too Shea Conditioner and Grapeseed oil to each section. Then I pulled my hair into a loose bun and tied it up with a satin scarf to get my roots to lay down. 

Results: 
Shed hair
A little more of the same ol same ol. Which at this point in my stretch---is a good thing. I did a good detangle the day before my wash which left me with just a few strands of shed hair in the shower. YAY! I'm glad that I gave Nexxus Hydralight Weightless Moisture Conditioner another try. I love the smell and the slip that it provided. I was actually shocked at how smooth and fluffy my hair felt after I rinsed. A girl could definitely get used to that feeling. Thanks Keyda--your review was on point! If I found it on sale (and I had a coupon again) I'd definitely repurchase to keep in rotation. My hair was fairly easy to detangle and Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner gave my roots a nice boost of moisture. 

How was your last wash day? 

Besitos!
KLP

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!