Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekly Wishes


I invite you to make a positive wish, each week to combat a sucky part of life in an attempt to sprinkle the world with more positive pixie dust.

Here's what I did to achieve last week's wish to give myself time and space to think happy thoughts- I recommitted myself to my Girlfriend's Book Club. We're reading Trusting God by Sharon Jaynes (and a few other extremely talented ladies). I had been slacking on my reading and playing catch up for weeks because conveniently something else would always come up when it was devotational time. (Funny how that happens right?) Well last week, I got caught up and I'm filling in my blank journal pages. 10 minutes of reflection and a cup of green tea---Yum! 

My wish this week is to trust that little voice inside of me that knows what she wants and has what it takes to get it---then ignore that LOUD voice that screams doubts, fears and insecurities. I get totally bummed out when I ignore my intuition to listen to apprehension. In the end--I'm kicking myself in the behind because I am BEHIND. It's time to get out and say out of the comfort zone. Cheers to getting comfortable in the world of uncomfortable!

What's your wish this week? Big it big or small--speak it into existence!

Want more Weekly Wishes? Check out www.thenectarcollective.com.

Besitos!

KLP 
linked up before you

8 comments:

  1. Hi,

    It is a very necessary goal, trust yourself is not easy sometimes but don't let your fears rule your life.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beatriz! Fear sucks! ---We should put that on a T-shirt. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  2. When I clicked on the link, I saw this and it totally hit home: 'You don’t have to understand God to trust him.' I swear that I don't understand God at times, but that should NEVER detour me from trusting in Him and His goodness. I wish for peace and favor in my life and for my children. I like this new segment that you are doing sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful wish and prayer! I'm glad that you like the series!

      The devotional is broken down into 10 minute daily sections then once a week a few of my friends and I gather to talk about the chapter questions. It's a great way to stay connected with your girlfriends while reverencing the name of God.

      Delete
    2. WOW! Me likey! I knew there was a reason I liked you! Love to connect with fellow lovers of the Lord!

      Delete
  3. Amen, this is a wonderful wish for this week! What is it about that internal monologue of doubt and fear? It always seems to come when you're about to start something hard and awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!