Friday, August 23, 2013

[Review] Koils by Nature Nourishing Hair and Body Butter (Heavenly Delight)


Price: $5 for 2oz sample size

Purchased at: Koils by Nature website (I purchased from the BHK Expo)

Ingredients: Shea butter, coconut oil, kokum butter, mango butter, avocado butter, aloe butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, *organic extra virgin olive oil, illipe butter, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Pro-Vitamin (B5), *organic essential & fragrance oils.

Directions: Nourishing Hair & Body Butter is made from the best butters & oils nature provides, it will moisturize, revitalize, heal, and protect your hair and skin. The lightly scented heavenly butter will have you thinking of cookies, cakes and pies oh my! This butter smells delightful, please do not ingest, for external use only.
 

My Thoughts: I've tried a lot of products and techniques in my healthy hair journey, however this was the very first "hair butter" that's touched my strands. And I'm not sure if you noticed, but I LOVE IT. There is nothing about this product that my hair doesn't want. 

The scent is heavenly? Absolutely. It smells sweet, light, and slightly citrus-y; A lot like cake batter. The consistency is light and creamy. *shame face confession* I did think about tasting it.  It looks exactly like the whipped butter from my fave restaurant Mike's "American." Yum! *drools a little while deep in thought* Okay, okay. Back to the review... If you love the sealing properties of butters like shea and coconut but hate the heaviness, then this butter is a winner. Yes, it does sit a little on your hair, but within seconds, all of that buttery goodness absorbs into your strands sealing in moisture and locking out fuzzy frizz. It's super easy to apply---it melts with the warmth of your hands and you'll only want to use just a dab at a time because a little goes a long way. Here are a few ways I've used it: 
  • Daily sealing after moisturizing my hair with a creamy leave-in. 
  • As the "oil" or sealant in my bantu knot cocktail
  • To moisturize my entire body. (Perfect for rough knees and elbows)
Did I mention that this stuff smells AH-mazing? *reads back* Yep--I did. Okay, but I just want to reiterate. It is the best smelling product in my hair stash. This butter delivers a low product build up with a high sealant ability. Being in a tub, allows easy access to every nook and cranny. The 2oz sample lasted me for a little over a month (even with use as a body butter on both myself and my kiddos). Would I buy again? Heck yeah! Why haven't I? Keep reading---

As I alluded to in my last wash day post, I made a kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Butter mimicking the ingredients in this butter. I bet you are asking why in the world would I go through all the trouble to make it myself? Well---KBN is in the process of moving their headquarters from the DMV to Atlanta, GA (Congrats, Pamela!). But they have temporarily closed their website. *sad face* Long story short, I love this hair butter too much to wait any longer, so last Sunday, I pulled out my hand mixer and went to work! As soon as their website is back to business, I'll repurchase. The BIG JAR this time!

Have you ever used a hair butter or any products from KBN?

Besitos!
KLP


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!