Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wash Day

Bantu Knot Set
Last weekend, my hubby and I pretended not to be adults by spending the weekend in the city kid-free to celebrate our anniversary. I used my knockoff version of KBN's whipped hair butter as the sealant in my bantu knot cocktail. My knockoff butter version is definitely heavier and more difficult to spread than my beloved KBN's butter, but I loved the results. My hair felt full of moisture during take down. The curls were gorge and totally survived a day (and night) out out by the water. They were frizz and fuzz-less the next day, but I still opted for a high bun with bangs. I can only deal with my hair being wild and free for a few hours at a time. This wash, I decided to give my hair a good shampoo then fuse a heaping helping of moisture into my strands with a good deep conditioning. Here's how the moisture max wash day went:

Wash Day Products
  1. Detangled- using my Magic Star Jumbo Rake seamless comb and a little avocado oil to aid in detangling.
  2. Scalp Massage- with JBCO. I covered with a plastic cap for about an hour.
  3. 1st Lather Shampoo- I applied about half the sample size of Mixed Chicks Shampoo diluted with water to scalp using a narrow tip applicator bottle. Being careful not to tangle my roots, I added the shampoo then rinsed. I'm so glad that I used in place of a clarifying shampoo. My hair felt squeaky clean and completely stripped. I'd probably never buy a full size of this one.
  4. 2nd Lather Shampoo- To restore a little moisture, I followed with diluted Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo in an applicator bottle. Fingers crossed that this poo is never discontinued.
  5. Extreme Deep Condition- Next, I deep conditioned with with a 3-1 ratio of Roux PC Conditioner and Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm on the length of my hair. Then, I massaged my strands with, Chi Silk Infusion, covered with a plastic cap and relaxed for 2 hours.This cocktail works like magic on relaxer days so I thought that it would be a delight in a regular wash.
  6. Tea Rinse- I rinsed the conditioner then with 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water, I applied my tea rinse using a narrow tip applicator. I let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed. 
  7. Smoothing Treatment- Next, I applied a large dollop of Nexxus Hydralight Weightless Moisture Conditioner, massaged it in from root to tip for a minute or two then rinsed. I'm glad to be done with this bottle. It wasn't a win for me at all. Keyda had much better results.
  8. Air Dried- 70% with silk scarf.
  9. Leave-Ins- Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector + Argan Oil
Results:
Some of the most moisturized tresses of the summer! My hair felt super light and very clean. I noticed that I lost a little more hair in the shower than I usually do, however, that was off set by only having 3 strands lost during my post wash detangle. Totally a #win! This week I intend on being laid back (but not lazy) with my hair. Time to whip out a few Bun Effect styles then keep it moving.

How was your last wash day? How do you keep your hair laid back without being negligent?

Besitos!
KLP

10 comments:

  1. I saw Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo and thought I wonder how good this would be, going to get it next time! I feel like every week is a chilled out hair week for me, after my weekly wash, its just M&S and hair clip all week! Need to try more go to styles!
    Great wash day results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great poo despite its sulfates. Thanks for commenting Yvonne!

      Delete
  2. I LOOOOOOOVE that conditioning balm! I always try other conditioners in hopes of finding something cheaper but always come back to it. I need to just suck it up and finalize its spot in my holy grail list!
    Your bantu knot-out is gorgeous by the way :)
    Britt @ One&20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I went a few months without it and missed it terribly! Luckily, I found it on sale for $13.60 while traveling. You know that I bought two! Thanks for stopping by Britt!

      Delete
  3. Bantu knot-out + KLP = gorgeous!!
    I keep wanting to try a bantu knot-out but I have no idea WHAT it will look like with this much NG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think that it will look amazing on you! I started bantu knotting near the end of my last relaxer; probably 11-12 weeks post. The set lasted longer and my curls were more defined. I totally think that you should give it a try.

      Delete
  4. You've literally mastered Bantu knot-out! Come do mine lol!

    notjustmyhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this bantu knot out is awesome! Mine always turn out a little different but it's definitely one of my faves. Good job girl!

    lengthylovelylocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy. Simple. Super Cute. What more could a girl ask for? Ha-ha!

      Thanks for commenting Jas! I miss your blogging, but I'm in love with your hair cut!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!