Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mini Wash Day

*This mini wash occurred on Sunday 8/18.

My boring weekday hair- a variety of buns: low, high, and pulled to the side. My sexy weekend hair- big bouncy curls courtesy of bantu knots. I haven't really fussed with my hair during the week because my weekends have been super busy. Last weekend, my hubby and I traveled to Atlantic City for a little fun in the sun. I was worried that my hair would become a big old fuzz ball from the humidity and wind, luckily my knot cocktail of Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner + Shea Butter + Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie kept my curls looking amazing. 

I considered using a little shampoo this week because I wasn't sure if I would be able to get a good deep condition because of product build up---then the thought of jumping in and out of the shower made me shudder. I'll definitely shampoo next week. Here's how my wash day went:
Wash Day Products


  1. Detangled- using my Magic Star Jumbo Rake seamless comb.
  2. Extreme Deep Condition- with JBCO and my essential oil blend on my scalp and Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged coconut oil into my strands, covered with a plastic cap and relaxed under my heat cap for about 2 hours.
  3. Tea Rinse- I rinsed the conditioner then with 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water. I applied my tea rinse using a narrow tip applicator. I let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed. 
  4. Smoothing Treatment- Next, I applied a large dollop of Nexxus Hydralight Weightless Moisture Conditioner, massaged it in from root to tip for a minute or two then rinsed in sections. I probably manipulated my hair a little too much while rinsing because I noticed more tangles than usual post wash--Note to self not to do that again.
  5. Air Dried- 90% with silk scarf.
  6. Leave-InsHerbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter.


Results: 
Say it ain't so; Have I really found a product by Carol's Daughter that I like? Meh---I won't say it just yet. Ha-ha. But I do adore the soft, fluffy, strong hair that I was left with. My scalp felt clean in spite of not using shampoo and my ends look decent. After detangling and applying my leave-ins, I pulled my hair back into a low bun to finish drying. This week will be full of buns and of course my big curly hair will make an appearance this weekend! We'll be celebrating our anniversary in the city so y'all know that I gotta look cute! Ha-ha!

How was your last wash day?

Besitos!
KLP

2 comments:

  1. My last was day was smooth and awesome! Don't you just love when our hair behaves.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!