Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekly Wish

Sunset with my little guy
I invite you to make a positive wish, each week to combat a sucky part of life in an attempt to sprinkle the world with more positive pixie dust.
 
Your responses to my wish last week for my marriage were so heart-felt, fiercely honest, and truly up-lifting. Muchas Gracias. I'm so emo; I totally cried #tearsofjoy. In a world were everyone is "hatin," I'm honored that SOS_Hair is a place where support and care for each other resigns supreme. This is why I adore blogging. 

This week's wish is dedicated to the educators of my little ones (and yours too). Lots of little ones are gearing up or have already returned to school from summer holiday. Our educators are over-worked, underpaid, and highly devalued. Yet, they are the examples that our children see for 8 hours a day. I believe that my child's teacher is an extension of my family, therefore it's my job to uplift, support, and pray for each one of them as I would my mom or mi prima. My wish is for every educator to exhibit their integrity through their teaching and to never EVER give up, even when it feels like what you are doing doesn't matter. It matters to me. It matters to my child. And we are forever grateful for you. 

Have you noticed an absence of my partner in crime, Keyda? Well it's because she's one of these amazing educators that I'm referencing. The first year of high school counseling is tough. But she's tougher. Buenas suerte chica!

What's your wish this week? Big it big or small--speak it into existence!

Quieres Más? Check out www.thenectarcollective.com.


Besitos! 
KLP

12 comments:

  1. I always forget to recognize all the hard work teachers put into their work. For me, I guess I overlooked their hard work because of how bad the actual curriculum and system worked in my county. I'll be sure to pray for all the educators as well as remember that they are doing the best they can. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Alyssa! We have to work with the hand that we are dealt. The really good ones know how to squeeze lemons to make lemonade.

      Delete
  2. AWWWWWWwwwwwww I turned emo! :D I hearts you love!! Thanks for being sooo supportive and understanding! I cant wait to return to blogging :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice for you to dedicate your wish to someone else - especially a group of people who work so hard and don't get enough recognition. :) And thank you for your kind words on my post this morning! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always see that teachers should be the best paid in the world we wouldn't be where we are today without them. KLP if you don't mind me asking do you have a Hispanic background or do you just love the Spanish language?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should be; I pray that one day they will be!

      I'm a proud brown skinned latina! Thanks for for asking!

      Delete
    2. Oh thought as much because of your frequent use of Spanish good to know a little bit more of you:)

      Delete
  5. YAY!!!! Shout-out to teachers!
    And I agree with you. I always feel like my kids are my babies because I spend so much time with them, motivate them, doctor them up, shrink 'em if need be, and help them excel. I love my babies, and having the support and care of their parents makes my job all the better.
    Britt @ One&20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parents love good teachers. At least THIS ONE does!

      Thanks for commenting Britt!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!