Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekly Wishes

I've chatted over the last few weeks about the irrational desire I have to run in 5th gear 24/7 fueled by my consistent overbooking, overextending, and overworking---me. Once you add in my easily-distracted-curiosity, 3 hours have pasted and nothing has been accomplished. Oh! Look something else sparkly! Ha...nah...not today. **Bookmarks sparkly item and records an audio reminder in evernote to go back and look at it...later** 

Armed with my {re}organized life schedule, last week, I was like a horse out of the gate. Monday and Tuesday, I did ridiculously well. Ay dios, It felt so good to be done with all things "work" related at a reasonable hour and have time to goof off! Then came Wednesday...ugh...and Thursday was just a mess... *le sigh* I didn't do so well those days with staying on track. I'm telling you the world was against me. I won't even tell you how bad Friday was. I did however, I read my devotional every morning. I ran a few miles, got a little frustration out via kickboxing and honed my inner ballerina with a Barre workout. Went to little one's PTA meeting well prepared. Met with my prima and abuelita to begin planning our 2014 family reunion. While still managing to
go to bed relatively on time AND wake up on time all five days. This was totally too much to tackle at once. Time to break this monster remake into mini goals: 

  1. Go to bed on time and wake up on time no matter what. 
  2. Set your to-do list every night for the next day. Do not add anything to this list without removing another item.
  3. Start each week by writing down the 3 biggest problems that I faced last week. NO NOT PANIC. Pray on it. Remember to trust God. Then let Him work it out.
  4. Reward yourself every morning with a cup of pumpkin spice Spanish hot cocoa just for being awesome.
I want this so bad. I know that I can do it. Alas, Rome wasn't built in a day as they say, so again this week I'm still on mission quit over-stressing and my wish is that I have enough patience with myself not to quit.

What's your forever wish that you're beginning this week? Be it big or small---speak it into existence!

Quieres Más? Melyssa sponsors this link up at TheNectarCollective

Besitos! 
KLP

14 comments:

  1. Hey KLP,
    That was so funny and inspiring at the same time. I need to read it again and write a few things down. I tagged you on a post. J C and I cannot wait to read 20 random facts about you. Just share a few things you would like your readers to know about you.
    http://www.chicfromhair2toe.com/2013/10/20-random-facts-about-nerline-germain.html

    Hugs&Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how much I love #3? Because I love it! I need to do this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Smiles* I get so flustered at times and I totally panic. Then I have to stop---calm down, give it to God and move on. It's easy to forget that we don't have to do it ALL---and we don't have to deal with it alone.

      Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. No better way to start the day than with your devotional and a cup of rich, thick, chocolatey cocoa! Thanks for stopping by Tomi!

      Delete
  4. Hi KLP,
    I love tip number 2. This post was inspiring. Hopefully I will bookmark the sparkling items...I will try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that #2 will be the hardest to do. I'm guilty guilty guilty of adding more to my already full plate then feeling run over by a mack truck after doing it all!

      Delete
  5. This is an inspiring post. When I start feeling overwhelmed I just kind of stop in my tracks and focus on the sparkly things to get my mind off the stress...meanwhile I'm getting behind on everything else, then I'm more stressed. Ugh! I need to take a few notes from your book! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who loves sparkly things! I think that I'm working on finding a place for them in the grand scheme of my life. Yes, they are important, but totally not more important than spending quality time snuggled with the hubby or drawing a giant family picture in the driveway with my minions.

      Delete
  6. I long for the day I am this organized! Not holding my breath though lol.
    I keep forgetting to checkout evernote, I hear it's quite useful. Will do soon.

    Abbi of http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evernote is a pretty nifty tool---especially for a forgetful chica like me.

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!