Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mini Wash

Last week, I kept it super simple-- I moisturized with my Aloe Tea Spray, Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter daily. I co-washed after my 5k with a little Cibu Hi-Ya! Keratin Reconstructive Conditioner---a random salon buy from many moons ago. It left my hair less soft and more strong so I knew that a deep moisturizing treatment was due with this wash.
Wash Day Products
  1. Detangled- with my fingers.
  2. Extreme deep condition- with JBCO and Philip Kingsley Flaky Itchy Scalp Toner on my scalp, spritzed my length with a little Aloe Tea Spray to dampen my hair then applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment. I covered with a plastic cap and relaxed under my heat cap for about 2 hours. 
  3. Aloe Green Tea Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 4oz of steeped green tea + 4oz of Aloe Vera Juice, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  4. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  5. Air Dried- Applied Organix Anti-Breakage Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum then air dried 100% with silk scarf.
  6. Leave-Ins- Aloe Tea Spray to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, and Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
Results- 
My multi-textured hair's detangling sweet spot is at 75-85% dry. When it's drippy wet, I have a harder time identifying knots and removing shed hair. When it's completely dry, I have more breakage because my strands aren't as elastic and I don't get my hair to dry as smooth. Needless to day detangling today at 100% dry was a really bad idea. I wish that I had a better excuse for being so reckless---honestly, I just feel asleep. Ha-ha! I only had 3 hairs in the shower drain but a little more lost hair than usual during my detangling session. I stretched my 17 weeks post hair by faux banding and using the LOC method to moisturize. Then pulled it all back into a banana clip bun. 

What's your hair's air drying sweet spot?

Besitos!
KLP




 

6 comments:

  1. I would love to see your hair in a braid out, KLP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nerline---I suck at braid outs. Here's the best one that I've been able to muster in years of trying: My Big Bad Braidout

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nice. I know that most teach detangling on soaking wet hair but I'm SOOO not about that life. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  3. Detangling on soaking wet hair so doesn't work for me! My best detangling window is at about 85-90% dry!

    -Courtnea @ Finally Growing!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!