Monday, October 07, 2013

Weekly Wishes

From my grandparent's 50th wedding celebration
Mission quit over-stressing yourself chica was in full effect last week! I've chatted over the last 3 weeks about the irrational desire I have to run in 5th gear 24/7 because I consistently overbook, overextend, and overwork---me. This terrible habit is fueled by easily-distracted-curiosity. After being ridiculously stubborn about achieving this goal, last week I officially {re}organized my life. First, I combined all of my schedules: home, work, and play. When I broke it down by hour, I realized that I'm always behind because I just take on too much real responsibility which leaves little time for play. I as intentionally sabotaging myself because I wasn't making time for me. I told my superhero hubby this, he's always agreed that I take on too much, and he came to the rescue. I asked him to take on more household chores and activities with the little ones. Next, I tackled my "real work" responsibilities. Because I have the ability to make my own "real work" schedule which can makes it ridiculously easy to mix work and distractions. So, I actually scheduled out my work day being sure that I actually devoted a full 8 hours to it. Then, I scheduled time to appreciate the presence of God in my life via devotional,  be distracted by sparkly random things, and continue training for my 5k in a few weeks. I had to cut out a lot of nonsensical mess that I was wasting time with---which was necessary anyway---I just have to want to do it.

I'm uber excited about my {re}organized schedule and my wish this week is to have the discipline to stick to it. It all starts today. What's your forever wish that you're beginning this week? Be it big or small---speak it into existence!

Quieres Más? Melyssa sponsors this link up at TheNectarCollective

Besitos! 
KLP

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job, girl!
    I'm excited to see how the new schedule works out!
    Britt @ One&20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! It's hard to fight my OMT "One More Thing" syndrome, but so far so good!

      Delete
  2. Woo for a 5k! You are awesome. I love your reorganized schedule and your enthusiasm! It's so easy to get distracted, but sometimes it's okay to take time for play and sparkly things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I've participated in the Whitman-Walker AIDS Walk for years. Just last year, I decided to join the 5k timed run to challenge myself and I loved it!

      Now that I've devote time in my schedule to play with sparkly things, I don't fight the fact that during work time---I need to actually work. Ha-ha!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!