Tuesday, October 15, 2013

[Review] Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream

By: Nerline of ChicFromHair2Toe

Price: $11.00 (USD) approx

Purchased at: Amazon.com

Promises: Black Earth Taliah Waajid Curl Cream has been servicing curly, wavy and coiled natural hair clients for over 25 years with this non-greasy, herbal hair cream. Black Earth Taliah Waajid Curl Cream conditions and nourishes the hair as it adds shine and moisture. Black Earth Taliah Waajid Curl Cream revitalizes curls and eliminates frizz from the hair.

Ingredients: Deionized water, (Aqua), PEG-75, Shea Butter, Sage Extract (Butyrospermum Parkii) DMDM Hydantoin, Vegetable Glycerin, Burdoc Protein, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethyhexyl, Trideceth-6 Fragrance (Parfum)

Directions: Use on wet or dry hair. Apply to hair. Use fingers to distribute smoothly to define, shape and style curls. Can be used on all textures of curly hair.

My Thoughts:
Dried
After Application
I did get some curls definition with this product, but the curls did not last. Even my two-strand twits did not last a very long time after leaving the product on my hair for hours. The product is pretty expensive for my tastes and it takes too long to dry. Do not make the same mistake that I did of sweating before the product dried. That was a hot mess!

Pros:
  • Moisturizing
  • No Crunch
  • Bearable smell
  • No Build-up
Cons:
  • Not enough hold
  • Takes too long to dry
  • Sticky
  • Too Heavy

I can't say that this one is created for all hair types. I believe that women with looser curls will benefit more from this one. I love how the product smells, but the first thing that caught my attention after applying the product was how heavy it was on my hair. Eco Styler gel leaves my hair crunchy, but it does not weigh my hair down. This product is definitely not a gel-like---It has a creamy consistency and it is very moisturizing. I couldn't recommend this one to somebody who has 4c hair type like mine. My main reason is because the product will turn your Z shaped curls into 3c curls after you apply it, then your hair will turn into an Afro with very little curl definitions after the product sets. If your hair type is anywhere between 3a and 3c, I totally think that this is perfect for your wash-n-gos.

Hugs & Kisses
Nerline!


The great thing is that what works and doesn't work for her hair---might work for yours! And why buy it when you can win it! Check out our October Giveaway for the dets!

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to try this brand, but I can't do heavy products. What a shame! Great review x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!