Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Hair In Review | Keyda


It has been a wonderful year and I am so excited for the NEW YEAR! Hopefully we all have new experiences and make more memories with our loved ones.


I have been MIA for a bit, however KLP has been holding it down! She is so wonderful with her posts and I am absolutely in LOVE with her hair journey! :) I promise that I've been washing my hair lol---even though I don't post about it and I've made a lot of changes this year:


  • Last Relaxer/Touch-up: July 2014! Yes! I can not believe that I have not had any type of chemical within my hair. I must say that my scalp has been more manageable and less irritable as the time progressed. However, my shedding and knotting as increased. So, I have invested in a few detangling products to help alleviate the feeling of "pulling" my hair out! 
  • Heat: I have used minimum to no heat on my hair. When I do use heat, I primarily use a hooded dryer and rarely have I used my blow dryer. No FLAT IRON! This shall change...I miss my straight hair...  
  • Styles: I have kept my hair in buns, curls and braids. Twist and braid outs are also a favorite. I am mindful of my hair knotting so I try to keep it in a lasting style where I do not have to manipulate frequently. 
Overall, my hair has grown about 2 -3 inches, however with the shedding/knotting, I think my hair is going through growing pains. I try to do a protein treatment every two-three weeks to ensure my hair is strong with my moisturizing treatments. I am trying my hardest to find a good balance of protein and moisture for my hair.  :) I plan on trimming my ends significantly (cutting the relaxer ends) in the new year without taking too much length. As the biggest news of all...

I AM ENGAGED! Yes.. It has been quite crazy these last few months and it will only get crazier as I continue to plan my wedding! I am soo excited and happy to be sharing this new journey with you all! :) Looking forward to posting in 2015!

-Keyda

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the engagement Keyda, that's so exciting!! Make sure show us what your going to do with your hair for your big day!
    Good job on not using alot of heat. The further I get in my hair journey, the easier it is to go without using heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am so excited and will definitely share my wedding hair inspiration and final product! Hopefully no heat gets easier for me also!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for the wedding!!!! *Super siced*

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!