Friday, September 27, 2013

Why I Have Henna On The Brain

 

(Left) My mom said that the more stubborn I got--the more fiery my hair became. I hated it. circa age 6. | (Middle) First I streaked my bangs black. I thought that I was sooo cool. *smh high school stupidity at its best* Then, it evolved into rinsing jet black every couple of months for years to maintain said coolness. circa 2010. | (Main) The one thing that I hated about my hair, is the cutest thing on my minion. Ay dios---and of course he's as stubborn as an mule. circa 2013. | (Right) If you can't beat 'em, [re]join 'em. circa Lush Henna. I'll probably never get that color back, but it will be fun trying.

Besitos!
KLP

18 comments:

  1. OMG!! He has the same hair colour as I did growing up. Like you I kinda hated my colour too, now I'll love to have it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated it as a kid because it made me different. Now, I want it back because it makes me unique. Word play at its finest!

      Thanks for stopping by Candice!

      Delete
    2. " because it makes me unique"
      Well said KLP. I like it.
      different can be beautiful , too!

      Delete
    3. Agreed! It's totally about perspective! (and a little wisdom courtesy of years gone by)

      Delete
  2. The color is beautiful. I can't wait to see your results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that the process goes well.

      I probably won't set a date to do it until next year. Just sharing a little inspiration.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty colour indeed! He is too handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little one is sooooooooooooo adorable he is too cute! My cousin sister has the same hair colour as your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, he is such a cutie and I love his hair!

    Can't wait to see your henna results :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! I'm siced. I eagerly read and take notes from your henna posts! Your tips and tricks are awesome!

      Delete
  6. He is such a cutie and I love his hair color. It will look great on you. Can't wait to see your results when you finally decide to do it. Unique is definitely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Andrea---You're so sweet! I'm getting really excited for this experiment!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline! And he's totally a mama's boy. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way!

      Delete
  8. Aww.. this is soooo cute! the little things that we hate when we are young. Cute little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a doll Yvonne! I love that this hhj is also one of self-discovery, courage, and serenity.

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!