Friday, July 25, 2014

I'm Addicted To Cardio | #FitnessFriday

Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

It's not that I don't like weight training. I just think that its boring! Lift things up. Put them down. Lift things up. Put them down. Ay dios mio---I'd need someone to put me out of my misery! When a workout is boring the chances of me doing it on a regular basis are 0.00000000000000000001%. I'm addicted to heart pumping, sweat dripping, and total body toning cardio. And I'm not ashamed to admit it! Here are my faves:  


Zumba
Less workout and more party! Zumba combines the ridiculously heart pumping rhythms of Reggaeton, Salsa, Samba, Merengue, Soca, Belly dancing, and Cumbia with hip shaking, booty popping, high intensity calorie torching choreography. No weights required to get muscle definition, increased balance and dancer flexibility. Que te mueve?

 
Running
Go outside. Start walking. When you're tired of walking, jog. Once you're tired of jogging. Run. Then run real fast. So simple, yet very complicated. The harder you push yourself, the more you'll sweat. Oh yeah---Did I mention that it's FREE and you work almost every single muscle in your body? 
 



Spin
Think a gym room full of stationary bikes, low lights, loud high energy music, and an instructor pedaling like a mad person. When you use the proper resistance, I guarantee that you'll leave drenched in sweat and every inch of your body will burn especially your core, back, butt, legs, and arms.
 

Body Combat
Ridiculously energetic, adrenaline pumping, muscle confusion. Mixes karate, boxing, tae-kwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Someone quirking your nerves? Imagine their face in your strike zone. By the end of class, trust me, you'll feel much better.
 

Please tell me that I'm not the only one with a cardio addiction!

Besitos!
KLP

Let's inspire together! Create a fitness related blog post and link up every Friday with me, KLP of SavingOurStrands, Ebony of Longing4Length, and Britt of One&20

Fitness Friday Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your hosts: SavingOurStrands, Longing4Length, and One&20 via Bloglovin'
  2. Fitness is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted---we not about that life!
  3. Inspire the Fitness Friday contributor that linked up directly before you with an encouraging comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. (Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; So everyone gets love​!).
  4. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button which links back to the Fitness Friday page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.

Fitness Friday




8 comments:

  1. More party, yes! I love Cardio and how the music keeps me going. Happy Friday, KLP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I find myself smiling and singing along. Great music definitely makes it seem like less of a workout and more like a party!

      Delete
  2. You are definitely not the only one with a cardio addiction I love it so much as well and mainly only do cardio whenever I am exercising. I love skipping it is an excellent work out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe this isn't something that bothers you, but I have a terrible time keeping my edges down when I work out (or in ANY amount of humidity). I have tried various products ...not at the same time of course.... As I Am Smoothing Gel, ORS edge control, and Eco Style gel (red top) followed by a scarf but nothing seems to work! Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that I did but I really don't bother smoothing my edges much anymore---or rather---I typically forget to! LOL. When I do remember, I use a dab of Chi Twisted Fabric on damp hair. It's a wax based and fabulous for flyaways!

      Delete
  4. I love cardio! Skipping, running, swimming laps and especially dancing. Zumba is right up my alley. A boring workout will not be done twice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A boring workout will not be done twice"

      AMEN!!!!!!!!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!