Wednesday, July 16, 2014

[Hairstyle] Ballerina Top Knot| The #WashDayExperience


I've never been more excited to wash my hair, as I was this wash day! I missed my fullness, I missed the fluffiness, and I really missed my curls. Someone call the cops because I think that I've been abducted by aliens! I totally love my big hair more than poker straight hair! Here's how I got back to normal:




  1. Extreme Deep Condition- I deep conditioned on dry using Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
  2. Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
  3. Air Dry- with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf.
  4. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and then set my hair in bantu knots.
Results:
First, let's give a round of applause for Ulta's Liter sale! I treated myself to a couple new things, including a giant bottle of Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner. I figured that it would work just as well as my beloved Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm, but boy was I wrong. It was 200% BETTER. Yeah, I didn't think that was possible either! Upon application, my hair was so soft and fluffy, I really didn't know if I needed to leave it in overnight. Washing it out was like rinsing butter from my hair. It's love at first use! I went for a simple high bun this week because between workouts, chasing kids, and putting the finishing touches on a family reunion this weekend---I really don't have time to fuss with my hair.

How was your wash day?

Besitos!
KLP





The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 








20 comments:

  1. For a second I thought you cut your hair! I almost screamed! I see you now use glycerine :-) I hope you like it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...I was just beyond ready to have my big air dried hair back! I'm really loving glycerin! How do you use it?

      Delete
  2. You make me want to run out and purchase the Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner to see what it does for my hair lol. Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy this week. Hope you enjoy your family reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's $15.99 right now at Ulta. The normal price is $25+. Trust and believe that I'm going to grab another bottle before this sale is over!

      Delete
  3. I am definitely getting the Matrix Ultra Hydra source Conditioner. I am cutting back on shampoos. This might be a great addition to my shelve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was in the store, I quickly glanced at the ingredients---but I wonder if it's the same at the balm but it's just been repackaged?...

      Delete
  4. I was scared you had cut your hair off to! I was about to go back and find out if I had missed a post. You have me intrigued by these tea rinses. We have really hard water here and I think it MIT make sense for me to start using those to combat the shedding I've been having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no...no chopping here...at least not today. Ha-ha! I have hard water too and I wish that had enough good sense to invest in a shower head filter...but...well I don't. LOL!

      I adore Tea Rinses. I say at least try it once!

      Delete
  5. Like rinsing butter from your hair you say? *Adds trip to Ulta to my to-do list!* Cute top knot! I'm totoally with you on preferring big hair over poker straight hair. I couldn't wait to wash my flat ironing hair, Iove my big fluffy ponytails and buns a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UMMMM YESSS! My hair felt AMAZING after deep conditioning! Like sooo good that I considered skipping moisturizing and sealing good!

      I'm glad that I'm not the only one that loves fluffy hair over poker straight hair! Gimme volume or Gimme death!!!

      (Dramatic eh?)

      Delete
  6. Nice top knot! I love straight hair but curls just makes it all cute lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! I love how no curly bun is ever the same!

      Delete
  7. You are going to make me revisit Biolage. I use to get the large bottle from my friend's mom that was a pro. That used to be my stuff. I wouldn't use anything else. I was product LOYAL. LOL
    Tiki | Grow It Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used Matrix for 2-3 years. I think that it's safe to say that I'm a fan. LOL. I just love the way that it almost melts into my hair! Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  8. So I seriously just drooled over the fullness of your buns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Ulta sale gets me in trouble! I love it and I have eyed the Matrix Biolage products before, but never tried them. Now I really want to try it!

    Love the curly top knot, too, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Ulta's liter sale. It allows me to stock up on my faves and try one or two new products at basically a BOGO free price. #hairjunkiestyle LOL!

      Delete
  10. I know what you mean, last time I straightened my hair (about 6 months ago) I was over it in about a day. But this time, gurl, I'm loving it and it's making me just a little sad that it's not a look I will be recreating for quite some time. My bantu knots are coming out amazing with my flat ironed hair! Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy it until my next wash day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bantu knots on flat ironed hair! It's actually how I maintain the sleek and smooth look! Plus, I'm a sucka for some killer volume!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!