Tuesday, July 08, 2014

How To Wear Your Hair At Disney


Before we took off for Disney a few weeks ago, I knew that I was going to need to come up with some frizz proof hair styles that would A. keep my hair up---because it's hot, humid and sticky in Florida, B. Simple---because ain't no body got time for hours of styling, and C. Keep me looking super cute for the millions of pictures that I knew I was gonna take. Here are a few of the days that I wore while I was there:


During my first trip to Disney a few years ago, the only thing that I wanted to do was get a pair of sparkly Minnie Ears. Fast-forward four years and they are still my faves.


 Plus they are the perfect accessory for my Banana Clip Side Bun. (Check out the tutorial here) I don't do low buns because they're annoying on the roller-coasters and I'm certain that they simply sweat catchers. *gross!*



I apologize in advance for the abundance of side braids in my life right now. I adore them! I grabbed this polka dot bow from my little girl's collection to secure my braid and put on a straw fedora.

You probably think that this style is super complicated. I promise you that it's not. It's simply two braids pinned together. Don't believe me? Check out the tutorial here.


It was love at first sight when I spotted these sparkly pink magically Minnie ears. I. am. a. sparkly. pixie. dust. kinda. girl. Ha-ha!


This look was achieved on a few days old bantu knots and a banana clip. You can check out the tutorial here.

Ugh! I can't wait to go back!

Besitos!
KLP

16 comments:

  1. Such cute styles, love them KLP! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley! Disney brings out the goofy 5 year old in me!

      Delete
  2. I am so loving this. OMG Minnie!!! Your blog is awesome. I need to get mine on your level. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ears are too cute! Your hair color looks great, I thought you were a brunette and I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am---with reddish auburn undertones. You just can't see it in the pictures because of the lighting.

      Delete
  4. OMG... cute hair overload!! And the sparkly ears are to die for! Love these looks, hope you're having tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Christina! Disney is totally not just for the kiddos! We had a blast!

      Delete
  5. The pink minnie ears! Cute or what! My 5-year old self would have diiiied to get these as a gift. Now I want to go too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter stole the red ones when we went to Hollywood Studios--- Not that she doesn't have FIVE pairs of Disney Princess ears. *smh*

      Delete
  6. Your Disney styles are super cute! And you are so right about the low buns catching sweat. I'll never do it again! Lol... I would wear the side braid with the polka dot bow anywhere...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The side braid was my ABSOLUTE favorite! I kinda wish that my fedora had Minnie Ears on it too!

      Delete
  7. Super cute hairstyles and now you've got me wanting to go to Disney world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entered Disney as an adult but left like a kid again! It's truly a wonderful experience.

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!