Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Summerlovin'


I have an enormously blessed life. But I'd be lying if I said that being a pixie dust following daydreaming homeschooling mommy to two kids under 4 while supporting a superhero sailor, and working full time was easy. It's not easy; In fact it's really hard. So when it's time to go on vacation---I go hard; really hard. I tend to drop everything---including SavingOurStrands---to just immerse myself in the hakuna matata lifestyle. The weeks that we spend in Florida every year on vacation are some of the best days of the year. From spending quality time with our extended family to amusement parks to genuine unduplicateable (yep...I just made that up!) tomfoolery, everything is perfectly chillaxable and carefree. Here's a little of what I've been up to...y si que claro a few snaps of my hair in 1000% heat and humidity! Caution...This post is ridiculously pic heavy!


Disney's Animal Kingdom
My kiddos think that they are dinosaurs so they were perfectly at home at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The boy minion refused to get off of the Safari bus and admantly announced that he was in fact a monkey whilst the girl minion was thoroughly engrossed in Disney's new Wilderness Explorer program. By the end of the day, we all smelled like animals and earned our Minnow badges. 


Disney's Hollywood Studios
The grandmother next to me politely tapped my shoulder after the Disney Junior Live show and said "Wow! She {my daughter} knew all the words to every single song! AND so did daddy {my superhero hubby}!" I beamed with pride. 


Medieval Times 
My sister-in-law and superhero hubby literally dragged me kicking and screaming to Medieval Times. I'm going to be honest with y'all---I really didn't want to go. I was a super brat about it--I even pouted. I was determined to have a terrible time. I mean, do I look like a girl who'd have fun at a dinner show served without utensils, with stinky horses, and machismo jousting? Ha-ha! But believe it or not, by the end of the night I was cheering with everyone else, and waiving my knight's flag. Maybe it was the show...maybe it was Maiden's Kiss dranky-drink in my cup. *shrugs*


Family Time
We celebrated my husband's Air Force cousin's return home and my Papa's 75th birthday with a ton of food, a cake baked from scratch with my new big girl mixer (shout out to my awesome family!), and yummy mofongo. I wish that I could find a carry out that sold mofongo for $4.99 in the DMV! My superhero hubby received a tear jerking thank you salute at Sea World for his military service. The boy minion dragged his little cousin around, the girl minion was enamored by the cool chickens in the backyard, and we enjoyed several hours poolside. I love the way that my chocolated tan evens out my skin tone! #547826 why I love summmmmerrr *in my Olaf voice* Ugh...I've been at Disney too long!

I have about 2 billion more pictures at the Disney's Magic Kingdom, Fun Spot USA, and random silliness left to go through, however, I won't bore you any longer!

Besitos!
KLP
 

17 comments:

  1. Such cute photos, it looks like you've had a lovely vacation! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter cried when we left. Secretly I wanted to cry too!

      Delete
  2. Omg! Looks like you had such an AMAZING time! I'm coming next time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great holiday pics! You really can't spare the fun on such precious time out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I NEVER regret spending time with my family!

      Delete
  4. Looks and sounds like a well deserved vacation. Lovely pics, share more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you've got me wanting to go to Disney world! I'm glad you and the fam bam enjoyed y'alls vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney is amazing---you know for the little kids---lol. Just kidding---I think that I had more fun than my kids!

      Delete
  6. looks like you had a blast indeed! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont blame you! work hard play HARDER. Your fam is beautiful and I can tell from the pics fun loving. Can't wait to take my Minnie me there next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will LOVE it! Every kid deserves to go at least once!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fabulous vacation!! Glad you got the chance to enjoy it! I want to go on vacation now haha

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!