Wednesday, July 02, 2014

[Hairstyle] Caruso Steam Roller Set | The #WashDayExperience


Moisture + keeping my roots stretched is everything to me right now, so I figured that a good moisture only conditioning treatment was in order for today's #washdayexperience. My hair and I have been on really good terms and it's even been manageable through Florida's 1000% humidity. Here's how I treated my hair this week:


  1. Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil. I let it marinate for an hour or so covered with a plastic cap.
  2. Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
  3. Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
  4. Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin and a few drops of Eucalyptus essential oil. 
  5. Smoothing/Detangling Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Detangling Solution
  6. Air Dry with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf for about an hour.
  7. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and then "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried. 


Results: 
I've been in buns for a few days now and I needed something fresh. So I whipped out my Caruso steam rollers again for another run. I'm not abandoning Bantu knot curls by any means---but can I just confess that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that I can get a bantu knot look alike set in 30 minutes?!? I used smaller rollers in the back and bigger ones in the front for an inverted bob effect. So what do you think---are these steam rollers keepers or what?

 

Friday marks my one year post relaxer mile marker! I guess that I need to stop putting this straightening business on the back burner and give y'all a proper length check! Pray for my arms!

Besitos!
KLP 



The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 





22 comments:

  1. Love the curls! They look so soft! And that flowered fedora is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! They are super soft. Jessicurl does the trick every. single. time!

      Delete
  2. So the steam rollers are a definite keeper and congrats on hitting the one year mark, we can't wait to see your length check results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Harlem! I really appreciate your kind words and all your support chica! I think that I'm falling madly in love with my steam rollers!

      Delete
  3. So you're having a steamy affiar with Mr. Caruso eh? I say continue to enjoy him and all his goodness! lol . Deets on the hat please..it's super chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo silly Sammy! The hat is actually my hubby's---I just added a floral headband that I had laying around. Shhh...don't tell him!

      Delete
  4. Wow! One year post! I'm in awe right now, You and Jeni make this Transitioning Thing look effortless! Your hair looks lovely and I absolutely love the Fedora :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally NOT effortless! It definitely takes a lot of patience...and I kinda think that we are gluttons for punishment!

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks great, healthy and that shine! I love my Caruso rollers, might have to dust them off soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So...seriously...am I the only person in the world just getting aboard the Caruso roller train?!? Smh. Ha-ha! Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  6. Your curls are so fabulous! I love the shine *swoons* x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! I'm really digging the shine too. Plus my hair feels so moisturized afterwards!

      Delete
  7. I am so waiting for that length check and I will " pray for your arms."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi. Now if only I can get my flexi-rod act together!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on 1 year post~love this style with the fedora!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously having a fedora moment. Can I just say again for the 3947408 time how much I LOVE SUMMER?!? Ha-ha!

      Delete
  10. aaahhhh, I need me a fedora! Congrats on being one year post! Thats when I big chopped hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fedora + Curls = Happy Summer hair! I can see you killing a cute fedora and twist out!

      Delete
  11. congrats on being one year post... those curls are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!