Friday, February 22, 2013

Keys to the Castle

Deep conditioning under the hooded dryer for at least 30 minutes is the key to my hair's happiness. My hair feels like silk when I wash it out and styling is just ridiculously much easier. The down side? Sitting under a loud hooded dryer for at least 30 minutes! Ha-ha! I usually wash wee into the morning hours whilst my little ones are dreaming peacefully and I'm terrified to hear a frantic cry of an awakened child. Just terrified. Do you know how long it takes to get a "Mommy--I'm not that sleepy anymore" child back into bed? *le sigh* I digress---Any who--back to hair. My suegra has this old school heating cap that I use whenever I need to wash my hair (or my sister-in-law's hair or my cousins' hair or my etc etc relative's hair). I always giggle when I pull it out because when I say old school--I mean OLLLDD school. This heating cap is circa 1980s. You can tell by the chica with the Farah Fawcett hair on the box. 


We affectionately call it the alien hat. Here's the kicker---this thing is as old as I am and it still works! I mean it runs like a gem and it's whisper quiet. In fact, my sister-in-law usually watches a movie or does her homework while she wears it. After sitting under the dryer last week, I realized that if I didn't get a conditioning heat cap soon, that I was just asking the universe for trouble. THEN--I received a 15% off coupon to Sally's. That's when I knew that the meeting of this Gold N Hot Heat Cap and I was fate. (Y'all already know that I'm dramatic---so just roll with it!) 

I can not wait until my next wash day to put this bad boy on. Hmph--and they think that diamonds are a girl's bestfriend. I'll take a wicked awesome deep conditioner and a sexy quiet as a church mouse heating cap instead!

Un mil besitos chicas!

KLP



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!