Tuesday, January 29, 2013

[Review] Magic Star Jumbo Rake for Natural Hair



Price: $17.50

Purchased at: HotCombs.net

Promises: Directly from the website:

The Magic Star Jumbo Rake is an "all-around" comb.  The Magic Star Jumbo Rake works like a hand to add volume, separate curls, and blend sleek straight styles. The Jumbo Rake can handle even the toughest jobs:  detangling hair, distributing your favorite conditioner, gently gliding thru wet hair, awesome shower comb.

Details: 


·         Made by hand from 100% Vulcanized Natural Hard Rubber
·         Tried and tested design with perfect ergonomics
·         Twist-resistant and yet flexible
·         The teeth are hand-sewn, hand-cut, and hand-polished to perfection!
·         Non-porous (will not support the growth of mold or mildew); guaranteeing hygiene
·         Chemical and heat resistant
·         Antistatic (prevents fly-away hair)
·         Very smooth and gentle to the hair and scalp due to rounded tips and sides
·         Very good gliding ability when combing through the hair
 
My Thoughts:
Love. Love. Love. Period. First off, when you've never paid more than $3-4 on a comb before, that price can leave you with sticker shock. But if I ever lost this comb, I would buy another, and another, and another. (No, there is no echo here. Ha-ha! Just emphasizing how much I love this comb) In the past, I assumed that when combing your hair, inevitably there would be breakage and it was my job to keep that breakage from the comb as minimal as possible. Then I discovered this comb (shout out to Ebony and Jeni for their awesome reviews) and literally my hair has thrived. This is seamless, super gentle, and extremely sturdy. I love it. What more can I say? 

What's your favorite seamless comb?


Un mil besitos!

KLP

7 comments:

  1. Omg those last three sentences are me EXACTLY!!! Like I never would've thought a comb would decrease breakage so drastically! Glad you got yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and thank you for the shout-out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome! I'm slightly tempted to stop raving about it so that it won't sell out again! Ha-ha! J/k! I'll just be sure to guard mine with my hair-life! Yes, yes yes---I'm dramatic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own the miniature version of it -the magic mini star and i'm totally in love. I'm planning to buy some more hercules sägemann combs when my hair gets longer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get another one of these for my sister as a gift now she's started her own journey transitioning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'd probably LOVE it. Honestly, I haven't used it in forever. I've just found it easier to get to through all of my tangles using my fingers.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!