Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekly Wishes

Wondering what happened to my Weekly Wishes, not really hair related, notes? Well, 2 weeks ago, I mentioned how terrible habit of overbooking, overextending, and overworking---me. I spend many hours in distraction land which leads me running in fifth gear to get the things that need to be done and marked off my "to-do" list. I love multitasking, but lately, I feel like my to-do list is ever full and that I'm always playing catch up. This wish is definitely a challenge to me. In two weeks, I've only successfully stuck to it once. While, it felt so good for that one day, I just haven't convinced myself to maintain said distraction-less productivity. But wait: I have a good reason why: I haven't wanted it bad enough. Yep. I defeated myself.

I'm a little discouraged and have no one else to blame but myself, but I'm willing to recommit myself to accomplishing this goal {again}. My intent is to finish my "real work" before I go "outside" to play with sparkly things. I've shifted my schedule to only accommodate for real work, daily devotionals/bible study, family obligations, chillaxing with my super hero hubby, household demands, training for a 5k and washing my hair (ha-ha). Once all of this is done, HELLO sparkle! My prayer is that my need to be distracted slowly but surely disappears and one week, turns into two, then three, then four, then forever. But it all starts {again} today.
What's your forever wish that you're beginning this week? Be it big or small---speak it into existence!
Quieres Más? Melyssa sponsors this link up at TheNectarCollective

Besitos! 
KLP

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, girl! You can do it. Don't be discouraged - this is a struggle for A LOT of people, so don't get down on yourself. These weekly wishes really help us discover what we want and hold us accountable, so we're already a step ahead of just hoping things will change.
    Britt @ One&20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I think that sometimes, I want to be distracted more than I want to do what I'm supposed to do. Ha-ha! I think that I forget that the faster that I do what I need to do, the more time that I'll have to goof off.

      Delete
  2. Family time is always special time. I'm sure you'll get everything done this time

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I haven't been achieving the goals that I put up either so this week I took a step back and decided to rethink what's important to me and what are some simple things that I can manage. Take it easy, you'll get things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raine! It's all about remembering your motivation right?

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!