Saturday, September 07, 2013

August (Over)Buys

Over the last few months, I've been slowly (moving literally like turtle) cleaning out my stash. Once all of my faves were gone, I felt a little betrayed by my self-imposed no buy challenge. It just didn't seem fair, but I kept moving along. But last month, when In my attempt to use up all of my samples and other assorted items that I've never truly cared for---my hair turned out blah, meh, and bleech, I replaced all of my staples. 9 weeks into a stretch; This isn't the time to be playing around! Plus, there was obviously a reason that I was skeptical about those products in the first place. Here's what I restocked up on: 

August (Over) Buys

Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm: My #2 deep conditioner. found it on sale at the Exchange while I was vacationing. Deeply discounted + an additional 20% off + no tax = Giddy KLP.

Matrix Biolage The Detangler: I figured that this would make a good moisturizer deep in my stretch. Who doesn't need help detangling 12+ post roots? I tried it and loved the slip. But it didn't give my hair one ounce of moisture once dry. Ugh. Then I read the ingredients and directions closer when I got home and know I'm thinking that it would be better suited as a pre-condition detangler on co-wash days. I really hope that I figure out how to use it. Smh. I can't believe that I bought a liter! When a sale bites back...

Herbal Essences Touchably Soft Split End Protector: My favorite daily leave in under $5. It was on sale for $2.99 plus I had coupons. I couldn't say no. 

Organix Awapuhi Ginger, Argan Oil, and Hydrating Macadamia Oil Conditioner Treatments: Organix products smell great and are super wallet friendly. I don't recall how much I paid for these, but I think that it was B2G1 free on Walgreens.com.

Not pictured: I replaced my Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and I'm testing out the Deep Treatment.

Nada mas until the holiday sales hit! Perhaps, I'll be on a staples only diet for 2014?!?

Any one else testing newbies or have replaced staples lately?

Besitos!
KLP

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely in the process of using up some products that I'm not so crazy about. I would just throw them away, but refuse to in the name of 'not wasting my money' *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Every time that I think about throwing something out, I see my cash going in the trash. No bueno!

      I will, I WILL, figure out some way to make it useful!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!