Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wash Day

WOW---I survived two weeks without washing! Although moisturizing with Aloe Vera Juice and sealing with Kitchenista Hair Butter had my hair in heaven---I actually missed the feeling of washing my hair. With today's wash day---I grabbed a little shampoo to clarify and rid myself of two weeks of product application. Then, to add a little strength to my 12 weeks post hair, I went for a protein packed extreme deep condition.
Wash Day Products
  1. Detangled- with my fingers.
  2. Clarifying Shampoo- with diluted KeraCare 1st Lather Shampoo.
  3. Moisturizing Shampoo- with diluted Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo.
  4. Extreme deep condition- with JBCO and Philip Kingsley Flaky Itchy Scalp Toner on my scalp then Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I sealed the conditioner with coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and relaxed under my heat cap for about 2 hours. 
  5. (Aloe) Green Tea Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 4oz of steeped green tea + 4oz of Aloe Vera Juice, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed. 
  6. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  7. Air Dried- 90% with silk scarf.
  8. Leave-Ins- Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter.
The Annoying:
After shampooing my hair felt clean and light, but definitely not moisturized. I probably should have ditched my plans to use a protein conditioner here, but I didn't. Then when I went to rinse the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner, I really wished that I would have listened to my inner hair voice. My hair felt stiff, matted and tangled. I've never had results like this before using this conditioner, so I won't place the blame there. I have just enough for another wash session left, so I'll reserve my review until then. 

The Indifferent: 
This was my first attempted at the Aloe Green Tea Rinse that I featured 2 weeks ago in the Sunday Hairology Medley. Meh...I don't have much to say about it. It wasn't awful---but I wasn't impressed either. I'll definitely give it another try though. 

Lost Hair: (L) Shower | (R) Detangling
The Good:

I only had a pea sized amount of loss hair from shampoo to deep conditioner to tea rinse/smoothing treatment. Was it the Philip Kingsley Flaky Itchy Scalp Toner that I've put back in rotation over the last two weeks? I don't have a clue. What I do know is that every time that I use this one on a regular basis, my shedding decreases. 

Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution is slowly winning me over. I love love love how much slip it provides to my roots, but hate that the moisturizing feeling completely disappears once its rinsed. Am I asking for too much here?

The Best:
Banana Clip French Twist
My hair screamed hallelujah when I began to apply Jessicurl Too Shea and hair butter. I'm very happy that I can always count on it to melt knots and moisturize the multiple textures on my head like crazy. Today's wash was definitely an example of how a great leave in cocktail can save your hair. Finger detangling took a little over an hour, but I didn't have to cut not a one SSK, I didn't lose anymore hair than normal in the process, and my hair definitely feels strengthened---which was my goal, I suppose.

Ah...it feels good to have my big hair back!

Besitos!
KLP

10 comments:

  1. I only managed 10 days without washing. Not my norm at all. Jessica Too Shea is on my list as a future purchase. Love the french roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically, it was only 13 days...so I guess that I shouldn't say 2 weeks. Lol. Jessicurl Too Shea is officially on my YUM-O hair list. I'm using the citrus lavender scent and it smells glorious compared to the island fantasy fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to stretch wash days beyond a week but my scalp just will not let me! Ugh!!!
    Britt @ One&20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Show that scalp who's boss with an essential oil spray on your scalp. I haven't had flakes in ages because of this stuff: My Essential Oil Blend

      Thanks for hanging out Britt!

      Delete
  4. I went two weeks without a wash when I was studying for my exams a few weeks ago, and my scalp was mad at me for sure! lol! No more of that if I can help it.
    KLP, you are making me more and more eager to try the Jessicurl Too Shea. Darcy's Daily Leave-In may just get dropped as my fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly my scalp didn't rebel. But going two weeks is totally out of the norm for me. I usually look forward to wash day and the refresher that it gives my hair.

      Congrats BTW on winning the Jessicurl Giveaway doll! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!

      Delete
  5. I did a deep condition last night, going to try your suggestions next time - thanks for another helpful review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My scalp gets so horrible after a few days I've not been able to wait that long between washing in so long. Jessicurl Too Shea sounds like a cool product x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't quite remember the last time that I had scalp issues---or waited 2 weeks to wash. Either something that I'm doing is working, or it was a fluke. *Shrugs* Ha-ha! Thanks for stopping by Lesley!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!