Monday, September 09, 2013

Weekly Wishes


I have a terrible habit of overbooking, overextending, and overworking---me. I took my wish last week of "plunking my to-do list" ever so seriously. And everything about it felt great. Midweek, I actually started to wonder why a few of the nagging things on my list were even there to begin with. With only 86,400 seconds in a day, there was really no way that I would have ever accomplished all of the things on that list in one day. Not ever. Not with a demanding full-time job, 2 little ones on my heels, a super hero hubby, household demands, family obligations, daily devotionals/bible study, training for a 5k AND not to mention washing my hair (ha-ha). In order to get it all done, I would literally have to rob Peter to pay Paul and completely exhaust myself in the process. I realized that it was time to take inventory and then put blinders on. It was actually quite easy for me to figure out what to keep and what to eliminate. Who really needs to watch 12 YouTube videos back to back or watch an entire season of Real Housewives of New Jersey? LOL. However, putting on blinders---that's were things get difficult. I'm just ever so easily distracted. Ohhh look something sparkly over there....

2 h o u r s l a t e r...

Um, yeah, where was I? I'm extremely easily distracted, y'all. A task that should I could easily finish in 5 minutes, takes me an hour. Why? Because I find something else, far less important to do first. I am literally wasting precious seconds of my life doing something that matters not. This week, after getting a taste of the good life sans rollover to do list, last week, I'm forcing myself to wear blinders. Yes, that's sparkly thing caught my eye. I can investigate it later. You know...when I'm done being sprinkling the world with positive pixie dust. Ha-ha! My prayer is that one week, turns into two, then three, then four, then forever. But it all starts today.

What's your wish for the week? Be it big or small---speak it into existence!

Quieres Más? Melyssa sponsors this link up at TheNectarCollective

Besitos! 
KLP 

4 comments:

  1. That's a great goal (or more like a challenge!), but it's an important one. I am bad at that too - trust me, I DO understand the importance of watching an entire season of the Real Housewives haha. Last week I told myself I was going to be more "do it now instead of do it later" and honestly, something just clicked. I think once you tell yourself you're going to do something and really put your mind to it, you'll find yourself doing it without even realizing it! Best of luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Amber!

      I'm so glad that someone else understands the importance of trash tv. Ha-ha!

      My blinders are on and I'm doing things now instead of later. Fingers crossed that one week turns into one month, so on and so forth!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too! This is a snap of the sun set in Kissimmee, FL.

      Thanks for stopping by Lena!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!