Friday, November 08, 2013

[Review] Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner
Price: $22.00 USD for 8.5floz 

Purchase at: Amazon.com or Carol's Daughter

Promises:  
96% LESS BREAKAGE AFTER 1 USE!
An intense repairing conditioner that revives damaged, lifeless hair and ends breakage, instantly.

The stronger your hair is, the longer it grows and more style options you’ll have. So strengthen it with Monoi Repairing Conditioner to restore fine, delicate or chemically treated hair. The rejuvenating Monoi Oil – an age-old nourishing blend of Tahitian Tiare Gardenia Flower and Coprah Coconut Oil – plus replenishing Bamboo Water and Pro-vitamin B5 help fortify distressed hair against breaks and snaps. Perfect for any hair type that is damaged from haircolor, heat styling and chemically-straightening

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycerin, Isododecane, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Isohexadecane, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Ceteareth-20, Quaternium-91, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone 

Directions:
Work a generous amount through clean, wet hair. Gently massage into your scalp and hair, giving your ends a little extra TLC. Let it work its magic for 3-5 minutes and rinse well. 

My Thoughts:
Real talk---my experiences with Carol's Daughter haven't been the best. I've tried more than a handful of their products and none I would repurchase or bother you guys with a review. I thought that I had a winner for my kiddos in their Hair Milk Conditioner. Then, of course, it was discontinued. *hangs head* I purchased Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner on a whim to get to the $25 purchase minimum for a free gift at my Exchange. #dontjudgeme #ilovesales It was only $16 but the chances of getting that price again is very slim.

My first impressions: Ugh. Y'all know how I am about scents. CD never fails. I don't care for the scents of any of their products. This product is no exception. The scent isn't bad but I don't like it either. The good news is that it fades! It absorbs into my hair like butter and there is something about this ingredient's list that my hair simply adores. I firmly believe that ingredients matter. Especially in an expensive conditioner like this one. Balanced conditioners should have moisturizing pizzazz and be packed with protein power. Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner has both.  Behentrimonium Methosulfate---my favorite element in a good moisturize max conditioner and we can attribute it's breakage thwarting powers to hydrolyzed silk. What doesn't it have? Parabens, petroleum, mineral oil or artificial color. Very awesome!

Whilst, I can't tell you scientifically that their 96% less breakage claim is true, but what I can tell you is that without a shadow of a doubt, I had less lost hair every time that I used this conditioner. (The evidence is here, here, here, here, and here) I was able to get 5 deep conditioning sessions out of it. Which puts it's price per use at $4.40. Ugh. That hurts. Especially since my go to medium protein conditioner Nexxus KerapHix gets me about a $2.50 price per use with very similar results. 

Has anyone else tried the Monoi line before?

Besitos!
KLP

6 comments:

  1. i would love to try that line but her stuff is a bit too pricey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol's Daughter is definitely an investment. The good news is that a little goes a long way. I was able to get 5 uses out of a 8.5oz bottle, which isn't common for me. (I'm pretty heavy handed with my conditioners) Check out places like Sephora or Ulta for sample sizes that only cost a few dollars and can give you an idea of whether or not you'll want to spend the $$ on a full bottle.

      Delete
  2. Yes!!! I'm using the Monoi Sacred Strengthening Serum and Anti-breakage spray and love them both!!! My hair has never been stronger and my breakage has almost been eliminated since using the serum, especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eying that serum LaShanda! It's good to know that its just as good as the conditioner.

      Delete
  3. I have not tried it yet. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!