Saturday, November 09, 2013

Liebster Award 2013

The Liebster Award is a pretty awesome blogger to blogger award chain letter (Shoutout to Miss Nerline of Chic From Hair 2 Toe for this nomination. My heart smiles that you  thought of me!) that allows readers to get to know just a tad bit more about the ultra-cool bloggers that they follow. First, I'll start with 11 interesting (and I use this term loosely!) facts about me then answer Nerline's 11 questions:

Acerca de mí:
1. I love everything about Grace. Unmerited; Unearned; Undeserved; And best of all unconditional.
2. I attend the same church today that I was dedicated as a baby in.
3. I think that all curling wands are the devil. I was in a rush to get ready for school, one day, forgot that moved my curling wand to the seat and sat down. Ugh! To this day, I don't even own one. 

4. I'm most annoyed by "that guy." You know that guy that is annoying for no other reason but to annoy you. If you are that guy---get a life!
5. I love pro-sports. (American) Footbal and Basketball are my favorites.
6. I was most impressed my by hubby's persistence whilst we dated. God's love and his gentle persistence is why we're still cuddling today.
7. I wanted to be a tattoo artist in high school.
8. I've been best friends with the same two people for almost 10 years.
9. I'm a ham. I smile in every picture. 

10. I'm totally a butt crack of dawn morning person. 
11. Everything that I think sounds more gangsta in my head, then when it comes out of my mouth.

Nerline's Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging? 
I started blogging because I wanted an avenue to keep myself accountable to taking care of me. As a mother, wife, sister, etc---we're always taking care of other people and I just wanted a way to do the same for myself. Both Keyda and I are slightly obsessed with our hair, so blogging about it seemed natural.

2. How do you balance blogging with your regular job? Or family?
I force myself to keep a tight schedule so that everything fits together. Some days are awesome and I feel like superwoman. Other days aren't so great. Because my work/family/bloggy-life all occurs in the same place---the comfort of my home---things get mashed together. You'll often catch me finishing a report when an Evernote reminder comes up for me to edit a blog post while baking muffins with my daughter and playing ball with my son. There is rarely a dull moment in my house.

3. Do you have a targeted audience in mind when you write your posts?
Yes. Myself. I'm inquisitive. (My hubby says nosey. Ha-ha!) I ask a lot of questions and my posts serve to answer those questions. It's been awfully surprising to see that there are others who wonder the same thing!

4. How many times do you read/edit your posts before they go live?
Too many to count or admit to. I think that I edited this post for 3-4 days. I blame my English degree.

5. How do you feel about advertisements on your blog?
I have nothing against advertisements that don't undermine my personal integrity. You'll never see a "Grow your hair fast magic elixir" on SavingOurStrands.

6. Would you buy an expensive garment even if you don't feel comfortable in it?
Nope.

7. Are there times when you think about quitting blogging altogether?  
Not yet. 

8. How often do you post articles on your blog?
We post 5-6 articles a week.

9. What's your favorite social network to publish your blog on?
Google+

10. How many times have you changed your blog's name or template? 
We've never changed the name. But I've changed the template, color scheme, pictures, etc dozens of times. 

11. How do you reward your readers/commenters?
GIVEAWAYS *in my best Oprah voice*


Now it's your turn! I nominate:
Harlem of harlemhhj
Tasia of smoothcuticles
Aku of notjustmyhair 
Abbi of belowthawaist
Tay of tayshj


The Rules:

  • Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you 
  • Paste the award on your blog
  • Choose 5 blogs to pass this award to (they must have fewer than 200 followers)
  • Let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs.
  • Write 11 interesting facts about you.
  • Answer my 11 questions.
My questions: 
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Who was your first hair crush?
3. What are your favorite ways of using products that suck?
4. What was it like when you received your first follower?
5. What has your hair taught you about life?
6. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
7. What's the best thing about blogging?
8. What does your blog name mean to you?
9. How do you deal with negative feedback on or about your blog?
10. How personal do you get on your blog?
11. How many pushups can you do?

Besitos!
KLP

12 comments:

  1. It was nice to know more about you. Lol @ curling wands, they give the prettiest spiral curls lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! No curling wands for me chica! I'm traumatized for life.

      Delete
  2. Lol love the questions! I hate that guy. My boyfriends seems to only be friends with those guys. Smh. Things in my head definitely sound more hood than when they are spoken. Thanks for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Side eye at your bf---He can do better. Ha-ha! Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to read your post!

      Delete
  3. "You get a car. You get a car. You get a car" Giving big when you can is such a blessing. You look so beautiful as always. I love how you made the award your own. The last question you asked made me smile. Thanks so much for answering my questions. Now I have one blogger left to hunt:-)

    Keep smiling, darling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Nerline. If I could give away cars---oh man I'd be on cloud 9! I guess that y'all will just have to settle for awesome hair care products in the meantime! Thanks again for nominating me.

      Delete
  4. Woot!! Congratsss love!! :D You are sooooo interesting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I love your last question. How many push-ups can you do?.....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Onyeka! I can't take myself seriously most of the time. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  6. Exactly how many push ups can you do?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50+ Courtesy of my hubby's grueling workouts and Body Combat!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!