Thursday, November 21, 2013

Busted Braidouts Into Beautiful Updos

Braidouts hate me. No seriously. I can't get a defined fluffy big braid out to save my life. I try. I fail. I try again. I fail again. However, the best part of a busted braid out is the way that it gives an updo life, honey! Y'all have met my Old Faithful 30 Second Style many many times. I've sported this style on straightened hair, air dried hair, bantu curled hair, and now {busted} braid out hair. I've done it so many times that I can do it without a mirror, one bobby pin, and in 30 seconds with a baby on my hip. Sometimes, I add a braided bang. Occasionally, I do a deep side part. Whilst, other times, I throw in a great hair accessory. No matter how I change this style up, it always begins these steps:

Old Faithful 30 Second Style-
  1. Moisturize and detangle hair.
  2. Split hair into two sections.
  3. Bring your hair from one section to the front. Begin a french braid, instead of braiding to the back, braid to the front. (If this doesn't make sense at first, watch and re-watch the video.) Continue your braid to the end of your length.
  4. Repeat on the other side.
  5. Take one of the braids and cross it over the back of your head. Secure with a bobby pin. Repeat with the other side.
  6. Tuck in all of the loose ends.
Whilst, I'm not giving up on braidouts by any means, I am going to stick with what I do best: bantu knots. What style to you turn to when your braidout hates you?

Besitos!
KLP

16 comments:

  1. My braidouts love me the two things that do not love me as much are twist outs I am contemplating giving up on them:( I can never get a defined twist out no matter how hard I try the only time I have rocked a pretty twist out for a few hours is just after taking down kinky/Senegalese twists imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I'm going to give it one more try before I scrap them for a while! Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline! I know that this style would look great on you too!

      Delete
  3. Olá!!!, Deus te abençoe boa tarde, amiga vídeo maravilhoso
    amei o seu blog sucesso amiga.
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Canal de youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NekitaReis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ola Nequeren! Lamentamos, mas o meu português é limitado. Obrigado pela visita!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. same here or a textured ponytail!

      Abbi of http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

      Delete
  5. i love the way this your good old faithful style always turns out.
    looking good chica.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that updo!!! My hair is nowhere near that length, but I am going to attempt it as soon as possible! OMG, I have a wedding to go to on the 1st of Feb, maybe I should just get clip in extensions if my hair isn't long enough to do it by then...When my braidouts or knots outs fail, I pin my hair up in a style reminescent of the 40's and 50's. Think Hepburn and Grace Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Love! Love! I'm looking for a new protective style so i'm definitely going to give this one a go! Your hair is gorgeous btw! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This style is sooo super easy once you get the hang of it. And its perfect for keeping your hair tucked away while you're chasing the little minions. Ha-ha! Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  8. Yep, make that braid out work. You did an excellent job on that up-do. Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!