Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wash Day


Notes: After protective styling all week, my hair felt so soft, supple, and moisturized today. I'm further convinced that moisturizing with Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth then sealing with Argan Oil is my winter winner.

(0) De-tangled- thoroughly with my Magic Star Jumbo Rake
(1) Pre-shampoo- massaged my scalp with JBCO and my essential oil blend plus Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, then covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hooded dryer for 20 minutes.
(2) Shampoo first with Mizani Botanifying ConditiMizani Botanifying Conditiong Shampoo then with KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo.
(3) Green Tea Rinse- I've committed to doing a green tea rinse every wash day this winter. Today was no exception. I steeped 2 green tea bags in 2 cups of water. Then applied to my hair and rinsed after 5 minutes.
(4) Smoothing Treatment- Green tea rinses leave my hair a bit stiff. Thanks to Jeni from www.justgrowalready.com, I've learned that massaging Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny into my locks after a rinse revives my strands.
(5) Extreme-deep condition- My hair loves tons of moisture. Extreme deep conditions are definitely the way to go. This wash day I treated my hair to some Halka Baba de Caracol + grape seed oil, then covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hooded dryer for 45 minutes.
(6) Leave-ins- I was too sleepy (lazy) to rinse after being under the dryer so I covered with a turbie twist and went to sleep. The next morning I rinsed thoroughly with cool/cold water, t-shirt dried then applied It's a 10! (without keratin)
(7) Air-Dried- in a big 'ol bun.
(8) Flat-ironed- with my Sedu Comb

Results: Meh; to say the least. My hair felt softer and fluffier before I washed. *le sigh* I hate it when that happens. I'm sure that the culprit was the Mizani Botanifying. My hair was harder to detangle after washing today than it was in my previous 3 washes. But all products are innocent until proven guilty so I'll leave out the Mizani a next wash day to investigate.

How was your wash day?

Un Mil Besitos!

KLP

2 comments:

  1. How do you like the sedu straightening comb tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Is it necessary? No...not really. But I'll post a review on it soon. I've used it regularly for about a year now. And I will admit, my hair gets straighter, faster, when I use it versus nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!