Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wash Day


So, my goal is to wash consistently twice a week and then hopefully once my scalp stops being so dry I'll only have to wash once a week again. *fingers crossed*

(1) Pre-poo with scalp massage using a rosemary infused almond oil. (I definitely plan on making my own soon.) I warmed the oils to make the scalp massage double as an hot oil treatment. Then I used a mixture of Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner and Creme of Nature Sweet Almond Conditioner on the length of my hair, covered with a plastic cap and let marinate for about 2 hours--Yummy!
(2) Shampooed with Paul Mitchell Awupuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo. My new fave. It just makes my hair so soft!
(3) Deep Condition with Halka Baba de Caracol for a few hours. No heat this time; but maybe next time. Ha-ha!
(4) ACV Rinse- for the first time. I'll post more about my experience later. But let's just say the smell was awful and I swear that I could smell it for hours afterwards, even though everyone told me that they didn't smell anything.
(5) Leave-ins- Philip Kingsley Itchy/Flakey Toner on my scalp then ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and Skinny Girl Serum on the length of my hair.
(6) Light blow dry- I air dried a bit, detangled then decided to blow dry on low to help straighten out my roots more. I'm just not (yet) a fan of complete air drying unless I'm going to do a braid out.
(7) Flat ironed I feel like my hair is sleeker and it doesn't take as long to flat iron when I do a light blow dry. 

I'm stocking up on some new goodies to test!

XOXO

Kedya

2 comments:

  1. ACV rinses are awesome for the shine and closing your hair's cuticle but horrid on the nose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaa... not a fan of the smell lol i felt like I smelled it hours later...womp

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!