Wednesday, March 19, 2014

[Hairstyle] Bantu Knots on Relaxed Hair | The #WashDayExperience


I've been stuck in a bit of a bun rut lately. So with today's wash, I wanted to amp up my hair's moisture levels so that I could rock some curls. Bantu knot curls of course! It's official. I'm obsessed! Here's how my wash day went:
  1. Detangled- with my fingers and 
  2. Pre-Poo- using extra virgin coconut oil to detangle.
  3. Shampoo- with Jessicurl Cleansing Cream.
  4. Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
  5. Cranberry Pomegranate Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped cranberry Pomegranate green tea + 1 part aloe vera gel + 1 tbsp Glycerin, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  6. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  7. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  8. Leave ins- I used the LOC method, starting with a little extra virgin coconut oil, Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, and bantu knotted my hair in about 10 sections.

How to bantu knots
Results:
Some of the best curls of the season! I didn't get much wear of them because I didn't have plans to go anywhere except the gym. <shrugs> I was still happy!

Meet Today's co-host: Divachyk from Relaxed Thairapy 



The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your host SavingOurStrands via Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
  2. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  3. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  4. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 



Besitos!
KLP



28 comments:

  1. GIRL! You need to favorite your own post to remember exactly what you did so you can replicate this, it looks AMAZING!!!! So glad I'm going to have my hair "out" soon, even if just for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me! I saved this one! Too bad all I did that day was sweat like a pig in the gym. At least I know what to do next time! Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
    2. haha I concur Ebony! Absolutely beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Your Bantu knots look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frankie. I'm really kicking myself for not having somewhere to go that day! LOL

      Delete
  3. I love the process you used. I had to deep condition too. I love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm madly in love with Jessicurl at this point. I even like the shampoo. *Gasp* yep...I even liked the shampoo!

      Delete
  4. These are by far some of the best knots I've seen! Guest post please and thank you :-) Gorg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bantu knots are finicky creatures. I actually use the same process every time. This time I skipped the holding product because I didn't care if they lasted. But of course they'd turn out perfect on a day when I had nothing to do. smh!

      Delete
  5. Oh your hair is gorgeous! Ps I see you are now into glycerin :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks boo!

      Yeah...I'm intrigued by glycerin. I've been adding it to my tea rinses for a few weeks to see if it increase my hair's moisture. So far, I really like it!

      Delete
  6. Wow your Bantu knots came out great! Now I am motivated to try them again no more bantu knot out fails!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mil Lydz! Please please please try them again! The more you practice the better you'll get at it.

      Delete
  7. I love them. I haven't done this style in a long time I must try it some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bantu knots for everybody! *in my best Oprah voice* LOL. Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  8. You've mastered BKO to a T! Gorgeous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mastered is a really strong word Tomi! I still have days when my curls are a bit wonky---which is why you see a lot of my updos done on failed BKO's!

      Delete
  9. Your bantu knots are always on point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Tasia! Now if only I could learn how to up my roller set game like you!

      Delete
  10. Those curls look so lush and are popping! Beautiful results!

    Courtnea of Finally Growing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bantu knots!!! You really have me missing shea butter right now... I may have to go hook something up tonight lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whip it up honey! I need to make another batch soon too. Thanks for stopping by Jenna!

      Delete
  12. Love it! Lately bantu knots have been an epic fail for me. I need to find out what I'm doing wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I want a really fabulous set, I make sure that I've A. recently washed my hair and B. I have ample time to let them dry. If either of these components are off---my curls are usually off too. Keep trying! You'll get it next time!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!