Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Herbal Tea Rinses To Combat Shedding


I am a tea rinse junky. I've tired over a dozen tea blends, but green, black, and chamomile are definitely my favorites. When I'm consistent in my tea rinse use, I definitely see less less hair clogging your shower. Plus I've noticed that my scalp is clear and free of dryness. Here's how I use herbal tea rinses to combat shedding:


Chamomile Peppermint Aloe Tea

Got Itchy Flaky Scalp and Shedding

Why It Works:
Chamomile soothes your scalp and conditions your hair. Peppermint's cooling sensation increases blood circulation in the scalp. Aloe Vera Gel is known to stimulates the production of new hair and may even lessen the effects of Alopecia. If you suffer from a itchy and inflamed scalp, this is the combo that you want to reach for. (Tip: I heart Aloe Vera Gel in my tea rinses because it gives the mix a thicker consistency so I don't have to worry about it running all over the place!) 

Nourishing Green Rosemary Tea
Got Dry Scalp and Shedding

Why It Works:
Rosemary acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory to soothe itchiness. Green tea is an astringent packed with caffeine known to help increase oxygen to your hair follicles. Glycerin is a natural moisturizing humectant. 

Black Eucalyptus Coconut
Got Breakage and Shedding 

Why It Works:
Black tea has about 55 mg of caffeine per serving versus green tea's 35mg of caffeine. Traditional drip coffee has 100 mg of caffeine. Caffeine is known in the hair world for stimulating the scalp, increasing blood flow, and thus allowing your scalp to get more oxygen and more "food." Eucalyptus is antimicrobial, revitalizing, and clarifying. Coconut oil has been shown in studies to be the only oil that prevents protein loss while helping hair retain moisture. It reduces hair porosity making it spectacular for chemically relaxed hair which is typically higher porosity.

Do you tea rinse? 

Besitos!
KLP 

10 comments:

  1. I love tea rinses. I usually use black tea but I just started green tea. How much glycerin, coconut oil, or aloe vera gel do you add to the mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glyercin- 2tbsp
      Coconut Oil- 2 tbsp
      Aloe Vera gel/Aloe Vera Juice- 1:1 ratio of tea (usually a cup)

      Delete
  2. I never miss a tea rinse... and I have never thought of adding coconut oil to it, definitely gonna have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy adding the coconut oil, because I tea rinse after deep conditioning, the oil helped with detangling post wash. Which is ALWAYS a good thing in my book. LOL!

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a tea rinse even though I've been meaning to. Great info, its definitely on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea rinsing is definitely a staple for me. I used to shed like an animal!

      Delete
  4. I use to do a black tea rinse every week and stop, I might need to start back and maybe try some of these tea. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black tea rinses are hit or miss for me. But they are perfect when your hair needs a boost of strengthening protein!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!