Wednesday, April 23, 2014

[Hairstyle] Bantu Knots | The #WashDayExperience


I have a confession: I can not remember if I moisturized and sealed daily last week. You see what had happened was----Well, I'm not gonna lie. I just dropped the ball. When I started to detangle on wash day, I kicked myself in the butt several times. My hair was dry and I had more breakage than I was comfortable with, so I knew that it was protein treatment time. 

  1. Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil. 
  2. Moisturizing Shampoo- with diluted Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo applied with an applicator bottle.
  3. Protein Treatment- with Nexxus Emergencee; the world's easiest to apply protein treatment. I let it air dry for an hour or so while I did chores.
  4. Extreme deep condition- Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
  5. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  6. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  7. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, and the "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.

Results:
I've used Nexxus Emergencee for about 3 years and the results never cease to amaze me. My hair always feels stronger, smoother, and thicker afterwards. I feel like I judo chop breakage every time that I use it! Jessicurl Deep Treatment moisturized like no body's business and of course I set my hair in about 10 bantu knots to style. They weren't my best curls, I totally broke Bantu Knot rule #2 of not letting them dry completely, but they were still Facebook-worthy. 

How was your wash day?



The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 




28 comments:

  1. I always love your bantu knot results. Lovely curls lovely smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeni! One day I'll have flexi rod results like yours!

      Delete
  2. I love you end results of your Bantu-knots very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Abi penned it best. You are THE Bantu-Queen! Nice results

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bantu knot style, gorgeous! I skipped moisturising regularly this week too, washing my hair now and it's so dry! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't need daily M&S but at least every other day or every 3 days. I really don't know what I was thinking!

      Delete
  5. I have never tried nexxus before. I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used Emergencee a gazillion times and loved it just a little more with every treatment.

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks lovely! I love the pic in general. You have great bantu knot outs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! It was a selfie whilst we were taking our family pics last weekend.

      Delete
  7. I always envy your bantu knots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, they BKO is indeed facebook worthy! Your BKO is always on point! I've all but given up on curly dos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no! *la la la la* Don't say that! Keep trying until you find a method that works for you!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful bantu knots as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! You know what? Do you think that you'd ever do a braid out or bantu knot set on your mini twists?

      Delete
  10. I love your bantu knots! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias chica! What styles are you using to help you transition? I bit that braid outs look phenomenal on you!

      Delete
  11. You are the bantu knots boss!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looove your results! Beautiful curls, beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMgoodness!!! I love this!! I will have to join in the next time I wash!!
    Love!!!! Love! Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope that you do! I heart the #washdayexperience!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!