Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 (Day 12)

Reverse Faux Bob with Twisted Bang

I have a special place in my heart for multifunctional tools. Especially one of my favorite hair helpers---my mesh donut bun. I love pulling my hair into a faux bob, but whenever I try to pull it off with straightened hair, I get frustrated by the style's lack of "doughiness." Ha-ha! Yep. Doughiness. Its not a real word, but y'all know what I'm talking about! Today, I got the brilliant idea to instead of pulling my hair through the mesh donut, I rolled all of my hair up and around it. Boom. A pump reversed faux bob with doughiness. I can't wait to test this style on air dired hair. Who knew that I would fall so hard for my big fluffy hair? Just a few weeks ago, I was all about sleek and smooth. Now I'm about big and fluffy. I guess that Cindy Lauper was right---Girls just wanna have fun!

 
Quick How to:
  1. Detangle and moisturize your hair.
  2. Split your hair into a side part. Then part that section from crown to ear. Pull this section (only) towards your face then double strand twist starting at the roots and down to the ends.
  3. Flip the twist back then secure with a bobby pin near where you want the base of your faux bob. 
  4. Finger comb the rest of your hair back, fold your mesh dough, place at your ends the roll and tuck your hair up towards your head.
  5. Secure your reverse faux bob at the base of your nape with pins.
Un mil besitos! 
KLP 

 

7 comments:

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!