Sunday, May 05, 2013

The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 (Day 5)

Got 30 seconds and a headband? Well, that's all that you'll need to re-create today's updo. I've seen this style in a few magazines but I was never quite sure how to do it at home. Then over the weekend, after chatting with my friend, she told me that not only did she love this style, but she did it all the time with a headband! So, y'all know that I promptly went home and tried my hand at it! I'm a sucker for simple and chic styles! Here's a pictorial:




  1. Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. (My hair was previously straightened and the "curls" are from the side bun in The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 Day 4)
  2. Put on any head band with elastic
  3. Using small sections, create pin curls, then loop then inside of the handband to secure. 
  4. Repeat until all of the hair is tucked into the headband.
  5. Fluff and spread out the loops to cover the headband.
  6. Leave a few curls out for a dramatic side swoop. 

I didn't think that it would be possible to find a style easier than a high bun or my 30 second old-faithful pin up...but this Greek Goddess updo is just gorgeous!

Un mil besitos! 
KLP 

2 comments:

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!