Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 (Day 10)

Dutch Braid Side Knot

Buns don't have to be boring--in fact their functional and versatile. I have two very active little ones and a schedule jam packed with activities. I love being able to run after them at the playground and not having to change my hair for a casual dinner with my besties. This Dutch Braid Side Knot is perfect when I need my hair neat all day long and I don't have time to think about what I should do with my hair. I actually prefer this style on air dried hair versus straight hair. My air dried hair gives my braids and buns more volume and they have more staying power. Don't try to make your braid too perfect. That's the beauty of a big ol braid. Embrace your inner messy chic.

Quick How to: 
  1. Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. (My hair was previously straightenedmy salon wash in The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 Day 4
  2. Create a side part.
  3. Dutch braid (cornrow) your hair from the top of your crown going towards the opposite side across the back of your head.
  4. Twist the end of your braid into a messy side knot. 
  5. Pull apart the strands of the braid to fluff knot for volume.
  6. Pin a super cute spring flower accessory above your side knot.
Un mil besitos! 
KLP 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!