Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mini Wash Day

Styling this week was far easier than it was last week. Nothing like a good wash day and detangling session to get your hair back on track. Last week, I ditched green tea moisturizing in favor of using my It's a 10 Miracle Leave In and then slighting with EVCO or argan oil. I think that I'm forever sold on the 2-comb detangling method. My roots were easier to manage and seemed to behave better (read: lay down!) than they did without it. 

(0) Detangled with my magic rake in vertical sections. 
(1) Extreme deep condition with Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner, my essential oil blend, and a little JBCO on my scalp. Plus a 3-1 ratio of Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Treatment and Roux Porosity Control Conditioner on the length of my hair. I massaged a little EVCO through my strands, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap forever and a day. Ha-ha. It was really about 3 hours. 
(2) Tea Rinse with 2 green tea bags steeped 2 cups of water. I rinsed the conditioner thoroughly. Applied the tea rinse with a narrow tip applicator bottle and then let it sit on my hair for 5 minutes while in the shower. 
(3) Smoothing treatment with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment. I rinsed the tea and massage a dollop of conditioner to my strands. I did a little light detangling very very gently. 
(4) Air dried with a cotton t-shirt until my hair was about 80% dry. 
(5) Leave Ins- I detangled using the 2 comb method while adding a little It's a 10 Miracle Leave in and Chi Silk Infusion to each section. 

Results: 
Big Big Hair! I never get tired of saying that. Don't shoot me if you are tired of hearing it. Ha-ha! I just realized that I may want to relax a little early this stretch. My family is going on vacation in about 3 weeks and I totally do not want to deal with 11 week post hair poolside or 2 hour detangling sessions just to get my hair presentable. I usually rock braidouts, high buns, and my 30 second old faithful updo but we're having a huge birthday bash that I want to look my very best for (read: I want to be able to flip my hair for). Oh...what's a chica to do?

A penny for your thoughts: relax a little early or just deal?

Besitos!
KLP

4 comments:

  1. I'd say if you have enough new growth you could relax but only if you don't think your hair will suffer for relaxing earlier than usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have close to 2 inches of new growth. With the exception of one wash day, it's been behaving fairly well. I guess that I'll see how the next 2 weeks go and then access.

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Agreed...If you have at least 2 inches of new growth...I say relax :) but I totally understand the dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember the last time that I relaxed at less than 14 weeks!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!